Available 64-bit Security Tools and Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011

Does Dr. Web Cureit have a 64-bit edition or does it handle both 32 and 64-bit as is?

What about Process Hacker? Does it have a 64-bit version?

Also, what happens if you try to run a 32-bit malware scanner in a 64-bit environment??

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
About Process Hacker:

'The ReactOS Foundation has very kindly signed the driver, so it works on 64-bit systems.

System Requirements:

• Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or above, 32-bit or 64-bit.
• Intel Itanium Platforms are not supported.'

Here on sourceforge.net: http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Wonderful.

So what about Dr. Web's on-demand scanner?

I am asking because my son is dealing with an extremely sluggish Windows 7 64-bit Dell as of a few days ago, so I just want to have a few tools ready to rule out some possibilities when I get his laptop.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
64 bits on demand best scanners are:

MBAM Malwarebytes,

Hitman Pro.

UVK Ultra Virus Killer
(OS: XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7. All 32 or 64 bits.)

.. and MBR scanners which works on 64 bit too .. Our topic MBR check tools: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-MBR-check-tools

- Is't not sufficient for you, ZOU?..:D

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Thank you gentlemen.

He ran MBAM and it came up clean, so I will try HitMan Pro. If it finds something and won't remove it I will move on to UVK.

After that, I will check for grayware, and unwanted software running in the background.

Then I will check hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.