AVAST 2014 Version Invalid Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

M31FK

Thread author
Jul 31, 2014
My Avast Registration has 10 days left before it expire.

Normally, I get a free license key thru offline registration, then when I receive the Free key - I have to key in immediately then done. However, recently when I do the same process, it was not successful; it display an error message "INVALID KEY".

So I registered again and have a new key, but then the result still the same. Is there a new way to do with the latest version of AVAST? I hope you can help me. Thank you.

M

MalwareT

My Avast Registration has 10 days left before it expire.

Normally, I get a free license key thru offline registration, then when I receive the Free key - I have to key in immediately then done. However, recently when I do the same process, it was not successful; it display an error message "INVALID KEY".

So I registered again and have a new key, but then the result still the same. Is there a new way to do with the latest version of AVAST? I hope you can help me. Thank you.

Why don't you login with Facebook (online registration). Here is mine
Izrezak.PNG

Anyways, welcome to MT :)

M31FK

Thread author
Jul 31, 2014

M31FK

Thread author
Jul 31, 2014
Registering your Avast Free Antivirus, doesn't require any account creation, last I checked.
@Malware Test some don't have or want to use social accounts for registering.

Try this link, http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php

Thanks for the link; this is where I registered to get my new license key, I tried it twice already hoping the second key will work but still "invalid key." Check below the key i received from AVAST.

Your avast! Free Antivirus registration was successful. Your license key must now be inserted into the program.

Your license key is:

---------- Cut here ----------
C33643349H1200A0616-VZ8KLADB
----------Cut here ----------

To insert your license key, please follow the instructions below:

1. Highlight the license key above, then right-click it and select "Copy".
2. Open your avast! Free Antivirus controls and select the "Settings" tab.
3. Next, click the "Registration" tab.
4. Click the arrow next to "Offline registration" to expand this option.
5. Click the "Insert the license key" button.
6. Right-click in the empty Registration box and select "Paste".
7. Click "OK" – your license key is now inserted and your avast! antivirus software can now be used free of charge for a further 12 months.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you try directly from within Avast's UI?

Reactions: M31FK

avast! Protection

Level 2
Verified
Jun 27, 2014
Hi,

Could you please try to repair / re-install avast! antivirus and insert the key again?

1. Go to "Control Panel > Unistall a Program", find avast! antivirus and click "Uninstall / Change".
  2. Click on the "Repair" tab and click "Continue". Follow the steps and try re-inserting the key.
  3. If the problem persists, follow Step 1 and 2 again but choose Uninstall, instead of "Repair".
  4. Download the avast! Uninstall Utility and follow the steps in the given page to be sure there are no leftovers.
  5. Download the latest version of avast!, install it and try to apply the key again.
Please let me know if you still have any problems.

M31FK

Thread author
Jul 31, 2014
Hi,

Could you please try to repair / re-install avast! antivirus and insert the key again?

1. Go to "Control Panel > Unistall a Program", find avast! antivirus and click "Uninstall / Change".
  2. Click on the "Repair" tab and click "Continue". Follow the steps and try re-inserting the key.
  3. If the problem persists, follow Step 1 and 2 again but choose Uninstall, instead of "Repair".
  4. Download the avast! Uninstall Utility and follow the steps in the given page to be sure there are no leftovers.
  5. Download the latest version of avast!, install it and try to apply the key again.
Please let me know if you still have any problems.

I tried your suggestion, then it was successful. Thank you so much. Getting registered again for 365 days.

Reactions: avast! Protection
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.