Avast 2015 Free vs Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
well my current firewall is online armor is it worth going with avast for there firewall to?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
First of all, Avast 2015 was just released and in my opinion too early to make judgements. Detection rates should be identical assuming both have NG installed and running. Internet Security will have more features.

You can see what's on offer by visiting their new and updated website, http://www.avast.com

Here's a screenshot comparison between Free (left) and Internet Security (right).
upload_2014-10-22_20-28-9.png

Avast Firewall does have some cool tricks with tracking where your Internet-facing application are connecting too - I forgot the name from 2014.

Reactions: avast! Protection
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.