Avast 2016 "Release Candidate" Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
Source: V2016 Beta is HERE! (2016.11.1.2234)

Hi all,

I am excited to announce the release of first beta V2016: AVAST 2016 B1 (build number 2016.11.1.2234).

Compared to the last "boring" beta releases, this is again pure beta with bugs so feel free to report them back via forum or new feedback form in the program.
We also welcome any feedback on the new features and changes, of course.

Changes:

NEW: Passwords - Avast can now manage your passwords and generate strong passwords for you. Just one password to remember.
- checks your passwords security
- stores your passwords securely
- includes browser extensions for easier logging in and form filling
- generates strong passwords

NEW: SafeZone browser - Replaced the SafeZone for safer shopping and banking

- Pay Mode: runs automatically on banking sites (This isolates the session and protects it from possible keyloggers or other malicious software secretly lurking on your computer. With Pay Mode you can perform all your financial transactions in peace, without fear of your password or other personal details being stolen. Pay Mode can be also turned on manually directly via browser UI.)

- Ad Blocker:The browser comes with built-in Ad Blocker that blocks all those annoying online ads and banners

- Video Downloader: Another cool feature is built-in Video Downloader that allows you to download online videos and store them to your hard drive. Now we support just limited amount of sites (youtube, vimeo, stream, metacafe, yahoo and some others)

- HTTPS scanning while preserving the original certificate

NEW: User interface
- More space for content, easy control

NEW: Feedback possible directly from program
- report bugs, feature requests and other suggestions easier

IMPROVED: Home network security
now detects more router vulnerabilites and shows more details

IMPROVED: Installation - it should be now faster and less obtrusive.

+ Many other minor tweaks and fixed

How to install:

1. If you have installed some beta version before you can update it to this latest version via Settings->Update->Program.

2. Or you can download and install from here:

http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe

http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup.exe

http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avast_internet_security_setup.exe

http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avast_premier_antivirus_setup.exe

How to provide feedback
Please for specific issues set a new topic in the Beta section (Beta). For general open discussion feel free to use this thread.

Or use the feedback form in the AV program or in the SafeZone browser.

Known issues:

- Unable to log in to Avast Account through Cleanup
- Missing content for Network issues in Smart Scan
- Browser extension Avast Online Security is not being installed in Firefox
- Passwords extension in IE doesn't work correctly
- Loosing the first device that starts using Passwords might cause blocking of Avast Account (only if synchronization is enabled, by default turned off)
- “Shielded Window” mode in SafeZone browser doesn't work yet.
- Web Reputation, Do-Not-Track and Safe Price features are not functional in SafeZone browser
- Ad blocker sometimes needs restart of the SafeZone browser to start working (occurs only once)
- Avast Passwords doesn;t work in SafeZone browser yet
- It is impossible to deactivate the Pay Mode for sites which are automatically switched in to this mode

Avast cleaner:
http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avastclear.exe

It should be possible to install this version on top of your existing avast! installation (all settings should be preserved).

To report BSODs, crashes or any other none trivial problems please use new SupportPackage generating tool.
- http://utils.support.tools.avast.com/tools/support/utils/avastsupport.exe

Instructions how to use it can be easily found:
- Avast FAQ | Support: Submitting a support file using the Avast Support Tool

We are looking forward for your feedback!

Thank you
Avast team

Source: V2016 Beta is HERE! (2016.11.1.2234)

Last edited by a moderator:

Senkei

Level 2
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
V65jWP.png

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Any news about NG (or whatever they call it now)? I think it's unavailable as of the moment for Windows 10.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
@XhenEd : Its unavailable on Windows 10 right now but should be back soon enoung their COO states :)

Also there will be new features for the Cloud backend coming over the next couple of weeks, not following the Beta cycle Avast 2016 release cycle mostly. HIPS will get an update i guess too.

Reactions: Kuttz and XhenEd

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
Dont install this Beta on the newest Insider Build unless you know how to get into Safe mode to uninstall Avast again.

It will cause a total lockup on reboot when Avast starts to load or after some random time (at least for me).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Added a source to the Avast Support Forums.

It's been a good few years since using an Avast Beta release, how many days before a Beta license expires?

Edit: EasyPass users will get Avast Password for free, if they have a current subscription. So what password management solution is used in the new Avast 2016-beta products?

Last edited:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Hopefully this version is a bit lighter on resources than the previous 2015 one :).
At least the UI is already lighter and fits perfectly with windows 10.
Is there a changable background like in qihoo now?

Reactions: Secondmineboy

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
Added a source to the Avast Support Forums.

It's been a good few years since using an Avast Beta release, how many days before a Beta license expires?

Edit: EasyPass users will get Avast Password for free, if they have a current subscription. So what password management solution is used in the new Avast 2016-beta products?

Its a new technology, it has nothing to do with EasyPass i think, but i never used EasyPass.

Hopefully this version is a bit lighter on resources than the previous 2015 one :).
At least the UI is already lighter and fits perfectly with windows 10.
Is there a changable background like in qihoo now?

Background is not exchangable, but it looks good, its some photo of a horizon :)

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
Video Downloader is pointless i have to agree......

But the password is basically Avast EasyPass in Avasts paid products, its just Like LastPass, a storage for passwords with a master password that you just have to enter. So some might use it some not.

BTW: The new SafeZone browser seems to be Opera based :)

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
That new browser looks quite OK in my opinion. Video downloader was added because it adds some abilities for end-users, since no other 3rd party addons can be installed on that browser.

Reactions: Secondmineboy

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
^^I like the browser too and may try it as main browser :) But only when Avast starts to get functional on my system

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I installed in virtual machine.
Here are some screenshots:

Clipboard02.jpg Clipboard03.jpg Clipboard04.jpg Clipboard05.jpg Clipboard06.jpg Clipboard07.jpg Clipboard08.jpg Clipboard09.jpg Clipboard10.jpg Clipboard11.jpg Clipboard12.jpg Clipboard01.jpg

Browser with some (useful?) stuff.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Good protection against Keylogger, many processes and RAM usage

A.jpg B.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 464
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
@Av Gurus How do you like the new interface so far, i guess its still WIP. The developers are on maximum with the UI right now.

For the browser its Opera based and its the first ever version so there might be some updates on that to reduce the processes and RAM Usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.