Sep 22, 2014
UI is modern, clean and simple.
WIP?

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
The UI is still Work in progress it seems, it still has alot of bugs and crashs from time to time (At least for me)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Avast is the only product that surely expands up to their free version without limitations like HIPS and other back end features, except to the possible unnecessary components.

Reactions: Av Gurus and XhenEd

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
When Hardened Mode is turn on Avast block his browser (SafeZone Browser)

Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg Clipboard03.jpg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Its a new technology, it has nothing to do with EasyPass i think, but i never used EasyPass.
I quoted from the Avast Forum, check your sources. According to GreenRock on Avast Forums, Avast Password will be Free with Premium features coming at a later date. At the moment current EasyPass users require a subscription, and no free version available. EasyPass will be discontinued, with current license holders transferred to Avast Passwords Premium version.

It's possible that Avast Passwords is based on a different password management solution, because I doubt it's going to built from scratch.

It has nothing to do with "new technology", so what you are talking about.

@Av Gurus Do you have any screenshots of Avast Cleanup (for PC)?

Reactions: Av Gurus and XhenEd

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I'm not at home now but it is a paid stuff...

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
In Avast FREE it is also not free

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I really like this new beta. I have not used Avast for a number of years. I never liked the new interface in version 5 of Avast, and greatly prefered the old UI. However, I really like the user inteface in the new beta. Also, so far it has been exceptionally light. So much so, that at times I forget I have an antivirus installed. This is impressive, as I find the vast majority of antiviruses, even Windows Defender to cause noticable slowdowns.

Reactions: XhenEd

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Dont install this Beta on the newest Insider Build unless you know how to get into Safe mode to uninstall Avast again.

It will cause a total lockup on reboot when Avast starts to load or after some random time (at least for me).

I uninstalled this on Windows 7 and it completely destroyed my computer. It wiped all shortcuts and installed programs. Couldn't even access msconfig and cmd, etc without manually finding it in the windows directory. Safe mode uninstall works perfectly though (restored back up which had it installed which is how I even got the chance to do it right). I was using Avast Antivirus Pro. The product itself was stable but I've always had problems with uninstalling Avast since version 9. Never had this happen before though.

R

Rod McCarthy

Any ideas when this will be released? Retail version I mean.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
No idea. When the bugs are fixed it will be released, there are usually 4-5 Beta and an RC :)

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
Hi all,

I am excited to announce the release of beta 2 V2016: AVAST 2016 B2 (build number 2016.11.1.2235).

Feel free to report them back via forum or new feedback form in the program.
We also welcome any feedback on the new features and changes, of course.

Changes:

NEW: Passwords - Avast can now manage your passwords and generate strong passwords for you. Just one password to remember.
- checks your passwords security
- stores your passwords securely
- includes browser extensions for easier logging in and form filling
- generates strong passwords

NEW: SafeZone browser - Replaced the SafeZone for safer shopping and banking

- Pay Mode: runs automatically on banking sites (This isolates the session and protects it from possible keyloggers or other malicious software secretly lurking on your computer. With Pay Mode you can perform all your financial transactions in peace, without fear of your password or other personal details being stolen. Pay Mode can be also turned on manually directly via browser UI.)

- HTTPS scanning while preserving the original certificate

- Optionally, some extensions such as Ad Blocker and Video Downloader (potentially useful as SafeZone doesn't support add-ons for security reasons).

NEW: User interface
- More space for content, easy control

NEW: Feedback possible directly from program
- report bugs, feature requests and other suggestions easier

IMPROVED: Home network security
now detects more router vulnerabilites and shows more details

IMPROVED: Installation - it should be now faster and less obtrusive.

+ Many other minor tweaks and fixed

How to install:

1. If you have installed some beta version before you can update it to this latest version via Settings->Update->Program.

2. Or you can download and install from here:

http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe

http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup.exe

http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avast_internet_security_setup.exe

http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avast_premier_antivirus_setup.exe

How to provide feedback
Please for specific issues set a new topic in the Beta section (Beta). For general open discussion feel free to use this thread.

Or use the feedback form in the AV program or in the SafeZone browser.

Fixed from beta 1:
- Unable to log in to Avast Account through Cleanup
- Browser extension Avast Online Security is not being installed in Firefox
- “Shielded Window” mode in SafeZone browser doesn't work yet.

Known issues:
- Missing content for Network issues in Smart Scan
- Passwords extension in IE doesn't work correctly
- Loosing the first device that starts using Passwords might cause blocking of Avast Account (only if synchronization is enabled, by default turned off)
- Web Reputation, Do-Not-Track and Safe Price features are not functional in SafeZone browser
- Ad blocker sometimes needs restart of the SafeZone browser to start working (occurs only once)
- Avast Passwords doesn;t work in SafeZone browser yet
- It is impossible to deactivate the Pay Mode for sites which are automatically switched in to this mode

Avast cleaner:
http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avastclear.exe

It should be possible to install this version on top of your existing avast! installation (all settings should be preserved).

To report BSODs, crashes or any other none trivial problems please use new SupportPackage generating tool.
- http://utils.support.tools.avast.com/tools/support/utils/avastsupport.exe

Instructions how to use it can be easily found:
- Avast FAQ | Support: Submitting a support file using the Avast Support Tool

We are looking forward for your feedback!

Thank you
Avast team

SOURCE: V2016 Beta 2 is HERE! (2016.11.1.2235)

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
How to install:

1. If you have installed some beta version before you can update it to this latest version via Settings->Update->Program.

2. Or you can download and install from here:

http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avast_free_antivirus_setup_online.exe

http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup_online.exe

http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avast_internet_security_setup_online.exe

http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avast_premier_antivirus_setup_online.exe

Avast Passwords apps for mobile phones:
1. iOS: Avast Passwords Beta Testing
2. Android: coming soon....

How to provide feedback
Please for specific issues set a new topic in the Beta section (Beta). For general open discussion feel free to use this thread.

Or use the feedback form in the AV program or in the SafeZone browser.

Changes from V2016 Beta 2:
- Possibility to log in more Avast accounts
- Online security plugin for Firefox is now signed and works in Firefox 42
- Online setup - better recovery if reboot appears during installation
- Passwords extension now works in SafeZone browser
- WebShield HTTPS Scanning: We introduced a new method of HTTPs scanning. It is used in Firefox, Chrome and Opera. It works without changing the certificates with the help of kernel mode hooking. The security parameters and certificates are verified by the browser itself, including checks for untrusted or revoked certificates. Traditional MITM approach is still used for IE and Edge, and is also reactivated when required for particular browser.
You can check the functionality of HTTPS scanning by checking Statistics window in Avast UI or by visiting Download ° EICAR - European Expert Group for IT-Security.

Known issues:
- Passwords extension in IE doesn't work correctly
- Loosing the first device that starts using Passwords might cause blocking of Avast Account (only if synchronization is enabled, by default turned off)
- Web Reputation, Safe Price features are not functional in SafeZone browser
- Ad blocker sometimes needs restart of the SafeZone browser to start working (occurs only once)
- It is impossible to deactivate the Pay Mode for sites which are automatically switched in to this mode
- Home network security scan doesn't work in Smart scan

Changes from V2015:

NEW: Passwords - Avast can now manage your passwords and generate strong passwords for you. Just one password to remember.
- checks your passwords security
- stores your passwords securely
- includes browser extensions for easier logging in and form filling
- generates strong passwords

NEW: SafeZone browser - Replaced the SafeZone for safer shopping and banking

- Pay Mode: runs automatically on banking sites (This isolates the session and protects it from possible keyloggers or other malicious software secretly lurking on your computer. With Pay Mode you can perform all your financial transactions in peace, without fear of your password or other personal details being stolen. Pay Mode can be also turned on manually directly via browser UI.)

- Optionally, some extensions such as Ad Blocker and Video Downloader (potentially useful as SafeZone doesn't support add-ons for security reasons).

NEW: User interface
- More space for content, easy control

NEW: Feedback possible directly from program
- report bugs, feature requests and other suggestions easier

IMPROVED: Home network security
now detects more router vulnerabilites and shows more details
IMPROVED: Installation - it should be now faster and less obtrusive.
+ Many other minor tweaks and fixed

Avast cleaner:
http://files.avast.com/beta9x/avastclear.exe
Source

Reactions: Ink and XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.