Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 73
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Syntax said:
How was the installation?
Just installed it on Windows 7 and seems to be going fine. Going to be doing another video tonight on it though.

Glad though they went back to the dark colours for the UI, as I was not really fond of the white.

D

Deleted member 178

McLovin said:
Syntax said:
How was the installation?
Just installed it on Windows 7 and seems to be going fine. Going to be doing another video tonight on it though.

Glad though they went back to the dark colours for the UI, as I was not really fond of the white.
same for me, the new ad-blocker feature is not working on my system, keep turning itself off

edit: because Adblock+ is enabled

D

Deleted member 178

rebel4life said:
i just hear that outpost firewall isnt in AIS 8 on some of avast forums
right , it wil lbe integrated later

btw, Avast Ad-blocker doesn't work if Adblock Plus is also enabled, ADP must be disabled. Avast's Ad-Blocker is powered by Adblock Plus.

Syntax

Umbra Corp. said:
rebel4life said:
i just hear that outpost firewall isnt in AIS 8 on some of avast forums
right , it wil lbe integrated later

btw, Avast Ad-blocker doesn't work if Adblock Plus is also enabled, ADP must be disabled. Avast's Ad-Blocker is powered by Adblock Plus.
Avast has an adblocker? cool. The adblocker is included in Webrep? What subscription list does it use?

EDIT: maybe it use the default list, Fanboy. I don't know if it blocks pop-ups.

D

Deleted member 178

Syntax said:
Avast has an adblocker? cool. The adblocker is included in Webrep? What subscription list does it use?
no , it is a separate plugin. the subscription can't be selected , it is made by Avast; you can just add website to exclusions

Syntax

So I installed avast v8 premier beta 3 this night and it runs smoothly on windows 8 pro 32-bit. The only thing bothered me is the adblocking capabilities. I know avast adblocker is powered by adblock plus but there are differences between them, see the images.

Status
Not open for further replies.