McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Syntax said:
How was the installation?

Just installed it on Windows 7 and seems to be going fine. Going to be doing another video tonight on it though.

Glad though they went back to the dark colours for the UI, as I was not really fond of the white.

D

Deleted member 178

McLovin said:
Syntax said:
How was the installation?

Just installed it on Windows 7 and seems to be going fine. Going to be doing another video tonight on it though.

Glad though they went back to the dark colours for the UI, as I was not really fond of the white.

same for me, the new ad-blocker feature is not working on my system, keep turning itself off

edit: because Adblock+ is enabled

D

Deleted member 178

rebel4life said:
i just hear that outpost firewall isnt in AIS 8 on some of avast forums

right , it wil lbe integrated later

btw, Avast Ad-blocker doesn't work if Adblock Plus is also enabled, ADP must be disabled. Avast's Ad-Blocker is powered by Adblock Plus.

Syntax

Level 1
Feb 4, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
rebel4life said:
i just hear that outpost firewall isnt in AIS 8 on some of avast forums

right , it wil lbe integrated later

btw, Avast Ad-blocker doesn't work if Adblock Plus is also enabled, ADP must be disabled. Avast's Ad-Blocker is powered by Adblock Plus.

Avast has an adblocker? cool. The adblocker is included in Webrep? What subscription list does it use?

EDIT: maybe it use the default list, Fanboy. I don't know if it blocks pop-ups.

D

Deleted member 178

Syntax said:
Avast has an adblocker? cool. The adblocker is included in Webrep? What subscription list does it use?

no , it is a separate plugin. the subscription can't be selected , it is made by Avast; you can just add website to exclusions

2At0urv.jpg

Syntax

Level 1
Feb 4, 2012
So I installed avast v8 premier beta 3 this night and it runs smoothly on windows 8 pro 32-bit. The only thing bothered me is the adblocking capabilities. I know avast adblocker is powered by adblock plus but there are differences between them, see the images.

ImQZapM.png

MEVFMW1.png

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
They still got to fix that, but at least it does block them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.