App Review Avast 8 Free Antivirus Test (Default settings) [Crowruin]

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

crowruin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2012
As you can see I was connected to the cloud :dodgy: look at the beginning of the video and the sandbox was enabled. thats why its called default settings.....

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
crowruin said:
As you can see I was connected to the cloud :dodgy: look at the beginning of the video and the sandbox was enabled. thats why its called default settings.....
I have just checked and yes you are.
BTW, I am experiencing strange things. I run a new FakeAV it passes without reaction. I run it (second time same file) it goes to autosandbox because of a low rep ...
I have asked Igor about this issue he'll give me a reply.
(BTW my test is uplauding I did it with your links so ...).

crowruin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2012
Seems to me the New V8 of avast doesn't play well with Vms cause V7 the sandbox worked perfectly on my Vm no problems.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
crowruin said:
Seems to me the New V8 of avast doesn't play well with Vms cause V7 the sandbox worked perfectly on my Vm no problems.
Just an example : Comprovante.exe has not been sandboxed on your test ?
It was on mine ... So need Igor's reply about FileRep servers status.
BTW, mine (uplaud) is too long :( my test is : 30 malicious links (based on what you have also used) + 16 undetected fresh samples.
It's a bit long (27 min) but very complete IMO.
BTW, keep up the good work !

spywar

crowruin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2012
Comprovante.exe wasn't sandboxed on my test I know its very strange but what Im guessing is that Avast 8 isn't fully compatible with Vms take a look at there lastest changelog they are still fixing some issues. V7 works flawlessly on my VM

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Personally, I test it on my own machine (which is Win Vista x64 4 GO RAM) and so far 0 issues or anything else. Autosandbox does its job and I also have quite a lot of autosandbox malware detections.

crowruin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2012
I'll do another test later on I haven't decided on what though still thinking :) thanks for your feedback

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.