Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Which one do you prefer in terms of protection and resources usage? I refer to these two specific products used along with Windows (8) firewall. :)

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Nikos751 said:
Umbra Corp. said:
I agree, for me Prevention > Detection ; so i go for CAV.
Avast seems to be very good in prevention too, as spywar has done some very interesting tests that show it's strength. Has CAV the same level of protection in total or better?
I will do same tests with CIS soon, (in 2 weeks from now normally) and basically results should be almost the same.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Earth said:
The question was in respect to the OP's choices. ;)

ZeroDay said:
None I'd use Avira free for it's signitures lol.

hahahaha.. the OP talked about Avira too, but let's talk about the options I gave :p
i would choose Avast for signatures. about offline BB I am not sure..

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In terms of prevention and on demand, Comodo Antivirus managed it well from powerful components even their heuristics which is aggressive.

Ashgop

Mar 22, 2013
I trust only comodo,
find the favourite antivirus among the public from the below link,
http://www.matousec.com/info/poll-archive.php?poll=2

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Ashgop said:
I trust only comodo,

It seems quite obvious who the main benefactor of matousec is.
Comodo must be paying quite a bit annually to keep this charade going for so long.
They are at the top with their firewall and now also with their av.!!
As far as im concerned matousec is a comodo funded cabaret show and not to be taken seriously.

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Amiga500 said:
Ashgop said:
I trust only comodo,

It seems quite obvious who the main benefactor of matousec is.
Comodo must be paying quite a bit annually to keep this charade going for so long.
They are at the top with their firewall and now also with their av.!!
As far as im concerned matousec is a comodo funded cabaret show and not to be taken seriously.

Matousec only tests FW as far as i know!? And regarding FW Comodo is really good when tweaked a little bit.
Having a hard time to imagine Comodo AV, as a stand-alone feature, will win any prices in the near future. So i must say i´m too a bit confused over the results. One can wonder how many of those >30% that uses the suite and how many the stand-alone AV.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I don't think Avast is only for novices and if you are an advanced user you 'll need sth like Comodo; it's also for people who want an AV that needs little user interaction.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Gnosis said:
I like 'em both. I like Comodo for advanced users and Avast Free for grandmas, grandpas and novices.

Personally, I select Comodo.

Comodo is for paranoid users who have plenty of time to keep configuring it to allow trusted programs. Advanced users would only need a simple AV and Windows Firewall since they would know how to avoid malware by their own actions and they don't completely rely on security software.

I'm an advanced user and I don't use Comodo.
Real advanced users can safely get by with no infection using no security products just use UAC and their own knowledge.

The more advanced a user is should mean they need less protection from security products. Novice users are the ones that need more protection from security products but products like Comodo are far too complicated for them.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.