Advice Request Avast! Anti-Theft alternative for Android?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
I'm only using Avast on my phone because of their anti-theft feature. It's free and it can be controlled via SMS. Is there more light-weight comparable free standalone antit-heft solution like that?

Reactions: Fel Grossi

Fel Grossi

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Hello @RXZ6Q

I use COMODO Anti-Theft.
When I was looking, I tested several, including Avast, but I adapted better to COMODO.
It has the online platform that you log in and have the options.

1- Locate your cell phone.
2- You can play alarm at maximum volume.
3- Block the cell phone.
4- Delete all files.
5 Take a selfie and get on the platform at the time.
6- Write a message to appear on the screen of your phone.

Items 5 and 6 particularly that made me use this app, it is not common to find these options in free apps.

And it is very light, for being just the anti theft. You could test for a while and see what you think.

Thank you!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Define more lightweight, do you mean less features (simpler to use) or better battery life (optimised)?

Try Prey AntiTheft or Google Find My Device

If you use Chrome/Google and already signed in, you can find your phone with from Search
google.com/search?q=find+my+phone

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.