Avast beating other AV's Hands Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
SEE HERE GUYS:
http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/AV/VirusThreeYearStats

scroll down and look at the retry 0[day test column...AVAST IS AT THE TOP!!!!!!

ALSO WE ARE ON THE TOPPEST HERE:
http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/AV/VirusDailyStats

Keep it up avast! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Results change on a regularly basis. What's on top right now might not be in a few days.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Tom172 said:
Results change on a regularly basis. What's on top right now might not be in a few days.
Indeed, this is basically a detection test , and as we know the detection rate is not something constant. Seen a report awhile ago which said that the most known antivirus engine (este,kasperksy,norton etc..) can detect only 85% of the Zero Day malware so to reach around 100% a security product needs additional layers of protection.
Avast Free comes with some very efficient layers of protection like Auto-Sandbox and File Reputation , and this is a clear advantage over the other free antiviruses on the market like AVG,Avira or MSE, however lets not forget that Comodo Internet Security or Comodo Antivirus are as powerful and well built as Avast so there's a fight for Avast....

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
These tests are static. I mostly rely on the real world tests performed by Av comparatives. IT tests the complete suite and all its layers at various points of entries. This best simulates working conditions. The rest of the test just give a measure of the protection offered by the AV's.

D

Deleted member 178

You just see what they want show you, not what happened behind the curtain...

I trust no tests except the one done by myself.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
see here: http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki....eYearStats

scroll down to the retry summary...avast is on top there.

D

Deleted member 178

I just ran a context scan with Avast vs 250 malwares few days ago, it was beaten by CIS, Panda CAV, Webroot SA and EAM, so those tests (AV-C, etc...) are meaningless to me, just a given information in a given time.

so i am always amused (not to says mocking) about people fighting about those tests results :D

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
I just ran a context scan with Avast vs 250 malwares few days ago

Oh! but u will have to do that again...as i uploaded some missed malwares from the 250 malware pack yesterday...so there is a change in results.:D

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Yes. You remeber matousec?. Comodo always tops it. Recently there was some discussion that behind the scenes comodo ows and manages matousec but it does not mean that Comodo is not great. There were recently some allegations against comodo by AV-C.
The best way to judge an AV is using AV-c ratings, Checkmark and VB and ICSA awards. Also before buying always test it. Although an AV is rated high you may not like it or it is not suited to you. So just take the AV for a spin before buying.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
malbky said:
Yes. You remeber matousec?. Comodo always tops it. Recently there was some discussion that behind the scenes comodo ows and manages matousec but it does not mean that Comodo is not great. There were recently some allegations against comodo by AV-C.
The best way to judge an AV is using AV-c ratings, Checkmark and VB and ICSA awards. Also before buying always test it. Although an AV is rated high you may not like it or it is not suited to you. So just take the AV for a spin before buying.

I believe comodo is more famous for its HIPS,CLOUD,CIMA,CAMAS,SANDBOX.....not for its AV...for a AV which is full equipped i will go to avast,avira,kaspersky,eset and pair any of them with comodo firewall and defense+ :cool:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This doesn't make Avast any better than any other security product.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Yes. And I dont trust any test by small companies. I even dont trust Dennis Labs as Trend Micro cant beat AV's like Kaspersky hands down.
In my opnion just choose any AV from here. They are all good. Just try and see which one you like. None is the wiser or better.
Always use a scanner from some other company as a backup. In short use an Internet Security +MBAM or SAS

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
As of now Avira tops it. Fsecure is also on the top but Kaspersky is at the mid area while F secure uses KIS engine.
I cant gaurentee the authenticity of these tests.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Nope Iscream until I know its using Kaspersky. ZA, Fsecure and escan use Kaspersky engine. I dont know if Fsecure has shifted though.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Check this thread at Wilders http://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/index.php/t-91523.html

anitac

Nov 29, 2011
F-Secure uses Bitdefender engine now. http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=257108

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
My brother's tougher than your's, Nah :)
All this A vs B comparison and what is better is personal preference.
Real Testing happens at home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.