Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Hello everyone,

This beta 17.2.2287 contains bug fixes that appeared in the previous release. You can expect public release soon.

FIXED:

- white UI after update
- unusable PC after update(mostly Windows Vista)
- conflict of Behavioral shield and Comodo Firewall
- AOS and SP extnensions are now installing on Firefox 64bit
- missing languages in installation - Spanish and Croatian are back
- gaming mode performance improvements
- together more than 30 fixes

Download links:

BETA testing - Overview & Download links

Known issues:

- issue with not working licensed SecureLine after update not fixed yet

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
did anyone try this beta?

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
There are so many problems now with this new avast checking forums and things are a mess
Well not that much. Avast has almost when not the biggest user base and this release was a big! one with tons of new stuffs and improvments. U will always find the bugs/complaints on any forum and not the compliments and that it just works. i installed it on over 20 machines for my whole family without any issues. i use it myself and it simply works.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I've installed it on 3 of my systems and none has issues. I did find one particular BSOD issue during BETA test which was then fixed right after final release, because it was at that point a bit too late to fix it before going live with release. But other than that, no other serious issues.

As I've seen, most issues are from either compatibility issues with other security software or issues because something was slightly broken before the update and when new update was applied, it messed up things a bit more. Usually "Repair" function in avast! solved it.

Reactions: shmu26 and Parsh

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Just installed version 2288 does anyone know if it is compatible with Comodo firewall 10 and what I need to do to exclude avast in comodo if anything? Thks

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Not in any way! Almost all futures are security futures and u have the choice to do a costum install any time, even as free user. I dont see any bloat at all with this options.
I agree.
BUT: If you see advertising, e.g "Your PC could run faster. 400MB of junk files can be cleaned" (made that up).
Then this is a problem. Yes, it's for selling their other software, but it's completely not related to PC security. Now that is what I call bloatware. I remember such popups existed not long time ago. Not sure about current ones...

Reactions: Parsh

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Just installed version 2288 does anyone know if it is compatible with Comodo firewall 10 and what I need to do to exclude avast in comodo if anything? Thks
Yes it should be compatible. They fixed a bug with the bb from avast and comodo so it should work now. U dont need to exclude something in comodo because avast is in there whitelist so avast dosnt get scant or sandboxd. but u can always whitelist both programs to be sure. :)

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
i whitelist in avast for comodo where do i go in comodo to whitelist avast or maybe just leave as is .? Thks for reply

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Still issuses with comodo firewall which gives me either a BSOD or an unbootable pc.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I rarely see any of the Avast ads. (No blocking of any sorts.) I have File System Shield, Behavior Shield, Mail Shield, Web Shield, and Gaming mode installed. Feel no "bloat" whatsoever. Many of the AVs I have tried were pretty slow on my computer so I have stuck with Avast. It has not failed me yet. :)

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
What is the gaming mode like? I'm wondering if i need behaviour shield installed if I have Comodo firewall to watch for those things?

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I agree.
BUT: If you see advertising, e.g "Your PC could run faster. 400MB of junk files can be cleaned" (made that up).
Then this is a problem. Yes, it's for selling their other software, but it's completely not related to PC security. Now that is what I call bloatware. I remember such popups existed not long time ago. Not sure about current ones...
Ads are still there but only if you install premium components. If you don't install premium components, you will not get any ads (well, at least I'm not getting any).

Reactions: Lord Ami

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I agree.
You can remove said ads by creating a rule in your firewall and blocking all network access to AvastUI.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.