Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
This dialog box comes up whenever Avast shields are all activated but not when I down all the shields.

Already posted in their forums, but I just wanted to see if anyone here is experiencing the same issue?

upload_2017-2-11_17-36-56.png

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
try to perform a Repair via control panel
it might fix many problems. That the first thing people on avast suggest. I did fix a afew of my problems also. Some still persist

edit: if it doesn't fix, uninstall avast -> reboot -> reinstall with minimal + behavior shield (+firewall)

Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Do you have hardened mode enabled?
try to perform a Repair via control panel
it might fix many problems. That the first thing people on avast suggest. I did fix a afew of my problems also. Some still persist

edit: if it doesn't fix, uninstall avast -> reboot -> reinstall with minimal + behavior shield (+firewall)

Found the reason, Avast's new behavioral blocker component is causing some issues. Some people in the avast forums are having the same issue, solved by disabling the component. Guess that's a temporary fix until avast patches it in the future updates

Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
If you set it to Always Ask, IDP should notify you. Are you able to try or already uninstalled the component?

Able to try, set the settings as always ask, started the component and faced the same issue again. No notifications from avast, just windows telling me that an error has occurred

Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
It blocked most of windows 10 processes had to do a clean install and now it conflicts with comodo firewall and asks me to uninstall comodo firewall!

wow seems a little excessive! Have you modified any settings? I have mine on one of the highest settings and it's still not as bad as yours

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Hardened mode is enabled but there isn't any pop up from avast, I know what hardened mode looks like :p
Sometimes hardened mode silently does stuffs like I have experienced situation where I ran an installer & clicked yes on UAC prompt & nothing appeared And disabling hardened mode solved the issue;)

Reactions: JB007 and JM Safe
Upvote 0
K

KGBagent47

Among the large AV companies Avast has the worst beta testing. They release buggy final releases all the time.

If you are a user I would recommend waiting a week or 2 before installing the next program update. Give them time to sort it out.

Reactions: JB007 and Andytay70
Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Sometimes hardened mode silently does stuffs like I have experienced situation where I ran an installer & clicked yes on UAC prompt & nothing appeared And disabling hardened mode solved the issue;)

Really don't think hardened mode would be blocking something as well known as firefox in their system :p but I'll check it out the next time it happens. For now it seems that disabling the behavioral blocker works

Reactions: JB007
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It blocked most of windows 10 processes had to do a clean install and now it conflicts with comodo firewall and asks me to uninstall comodo firewall!
Are you sure? Please report to Avast forums with screenshots, am eager to see what's happening.

I have Avast Hardened Mode set to Aggressive and only seen 2 notifications for OBS and AppFalcon. No process by Microsoft / Windows 10 being blocked on my end.

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I have avast new version running in hardened mode/aggressive, without issues. I did not change the default settings for behavior blocker.
I suspect that the people who are seeing issues have other security software that is conflicting.

Upvote 0

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I have avast new version running in hardened mode/aggressive, without issues. I did not change the default settings for behavior blocker.
I suspect that the people who are seeing issues have other security software that is conflicting.

I Had comodo firewall 10 and Avast didnt like it!
I even tried installing Avast with basic settings and even going back to comodo firewall 8 but it still trashed my PC.

Upvote 0

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Among the large AV companies Avast has the worst beta testing. They release buggy final releases all the time.

If you are a user I would recommend waiting a week or 2 before installing the next program update. Give them time to sort it out.
I have to agree, Avast has the worst beta testers ( The forums not much better either)and if this was M$ that had released a dodgy update it would be plastered all over the web forums.
I'm dissapointed in avast for allowing such a bug ridden security software out for public use!

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I Had comodo firewall 10 and Avast didnt like it!
I even tried installing Avast with basic settings and even going back to comodo firewall 8 but it still trashed my PC.
so that's what I am saying. sounds like the new avast and the new comodo don't like each other very much, according to your report.

Reactions: JB007 and Andytay70
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.