Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
This dialog box comes up whenever Avast shields are all activated but not when I down all the shields.

Already posted in their forums, but I just wanted to see if anyone here is experiencing the same issue?

upload_2017-2-11_17-36-56.png

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thats correct! did state this on both forums and both forums said to uninstall the other software! Typical excuse from a bunch of head scratcher!
I unfortunately had to uninstall comodo firewall 10 because the computer I was using it on had K9 (a kind of content filtering that runs everything through a proxy), and K9 + COMODO = no google chrome.

Reactions: JB007 and Andytay70
Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
How many people would remove other applications to continue using avast compared to people removing avast to keep using the other applications? I think Avast needs improve their compatibility with other software, especially if they want more users to come on board with them. With this new update, everything has been getting buggier compared to the old avast where I felt it was such a polished product. Considering to shift to another AV

Reactions: JB007 and Andytay70
Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
How many people would remove other applications to continue using avast compared to people removing avast to keep using the other applications? I think Avast needs improve their compatibility with other software, especially if they want more users to come on board with them. With this new update, everything has been getting buggier compared to the old avast where I felt it was such a polished product. Considering to shift to another AV
right.

Reactions: JB007
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I Had comodo firewall 10 and Avast didnt like it!
I even tried installing Avast with basic settings and even going back to comodo firewall 8 but it still trashed my PC.
Did you revert to the previous version of Avast? Also see Passive mode for Avast to run alongside Comodo 10.

Reactions: Andytay70 and JB007
Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Did you revert to the previous version of Avast? Also see Passive mode for Avast to run alongside Comodo 10.
thanks for good ideas.
the truth is, I was not excited enough about COMODO to really check out all the solutions.

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
from all the issues the people are having, it does sound like AVAST 2017 is not the same vanilla application that it once was.

Upvote 0

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Yes i did but, as soon as i started Avast it said out of date and forced me to upgrade to the latest version!

To start making problems?

I'm using Avast 6 years and never had any bigger problems.
I never had issues until now!

This dialog box comes up whenever Avast shields are all activated but not when I down all the shields.

Already posted in their forums, but I just wanted to see if anyone here is experiencing the same issue?

View attachment 137336
I got that on most apps and when i tried to uninstall avast it said " this program is already uninstalled" in the add remove programs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
from all the issues the people are having, it does sound like AVAST 2017 is not the same vanilla application that it once was.
That's why they ran a beta test... Oh wait, it's still buggy. :p:D

I ran a clean installation after uninstallation of the beta build with Avast Uninstall Tool and a couple of Windows restarts. No major issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parsh and Andytay70
Upvote 0
W

Wave

Just so you know, this issue might be related to Comodo and may have absolutely nothing to do with Avast. I've never seen this happen with Avast before, but I've experienced this first-hand on my host system with Comodo last year... And at the time of it happening, I was told that the bug had been fixed years back, yet I was still experiencing it.

Reactions: Parsh and Andytay70
Upvote 0

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Just so you know, this issue might be related to Comodo and may have absolutely nothing to do with Avast. I've never seen this happen with Avast before, but I've experienced this first-hand on my host system with Comodo last year... And at the time of it happening, I was told that the bug had been fixed years back, yet I was still experiencing it.

I tried both versions of comodo and Avast did the same!

Upvote 0

Using security softs - especially AV and internet security suites - you will always find some problem, some bug. Maybe a little, maybe a lot.

Upvote 0

ozone

Level 3
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
I am not sure but I had that same error 4 years ago because my system had corrupted files or it was problem with RAM, I don't know

IIRC that error is related to memory

I used to use avast with comodo firewall for 5 years with almost no issues

Upvote 0

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Using security softs - especially AV and internet security suites - you will always find some problem, some bug. Maybe a little, maybe a lot.

Alternative security software causes problems too, many of them more so than AV, especially overpriced-zero-development CrapGuard. Looking forward to Version 6, ultimate lockdown, next step after hardened XML, will prevent Windows from booting at all, zero chance of infection. Expect another increase in price.

Upvote 0

That applies to any security soft - from the simple to the complex. Suites are more complex, therefore greater possibility of bugs.

Bugs are to be expected. There will always be bugs, annoyances, problems, issues,...

Upvote 0

Alternative security software causes problems too, many of them more so than AV, especially overpriced-zero-development CrapGuard. Looking forward to Version 6, ultimate lockdown, next step after hardened XML, will prevent Windows from booting at all, zero chance of infection. Expect another increase in price.

What's on your mind @FleischmannTV ? As usual you take a single post out of a thread - out of context - and apply what you think it means and use it for your own crass purposes.

There were complaints on this thread about Avast being buggy. My comment was that people should expect bugs as they're part of the territory. The more complex the software, the higher the incidence of bugs - especially after a major revision as Avast has just undergone.

You can bash AppGuard to your heart's content. It's comical. And we look forward to what you can come up with next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
since installing this new version of Avast, I noticed that my daily backup jobs in macrium reflect have not been running...

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.