Avast Free,Comodo Antivirus or both?

2010barba

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 7, 2014
Hello people! :D

Look, I have been testing Avast for 7 months or a little more, and it turns out that one of my teams installed the famous "Reimage Repair" which annoyed me a lot .. I did an analysis and did not detect what was quite annoying And send it to Virustotal and comfortable if I detected it as a virus to which my question is;

What do I recommend Avast Free? Comodo Internet Security? Or both?:confused:

Is it possible to have both assets or is it crazy:rolleyes:? Since I am aware that having two antivirus is not good at all ... If I recommend the two, which settings do I recommend to keep both?

If something is not understood tell me and I leave the doubt, From now thank you very much!

Posts: I accidentally put the question of "what antivirus suan" in Spanish, please correct it to English "What antivirus use"

Atte: From Argentina!
Salu2!;)

Last edited:
Reactions: novocaine

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Ah ok ok i understand, you recommend then avast and install comet firewall true?

Thanks!
Avast works well with it and it's my preferred free AV of choice. It doesn't particularly matter which AV you pair with Comodo Firewall as it's only going to be used for signature detection of known threats. The better the signatures the less malware has to get caught in Comodo's sandbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2010barba

2010barba

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 7, 2014
Okay then decided;
I leave Avast Free and I download comodo Firewall where part of firewall has the antivirus signatures and I have 2 detection rates.
Thank you all so much for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
¿Que antivirus Usan ?
Before the mods pull your thread down you may want to edit that poll title,
this is a english speaking site, don't believe me just wait for them to tell you ;)
if you have a hard time with english try google translate, it may help. PeAcE

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
[Quote = "Arequire, mensaje: 630.690, miembro de: 59283"] Avast funciona bien con él y es mi AV libre preferido de elección. No lo hace particularmente importa el AV se empareja con Comodo Firewall, ya que sólo va a ser utilizado para la detección de firmas de amenazas conocidas. Cuanto mejores sean las firmas menos malware se tiene que quedar atrapados en la zona de pruebas de Comodo. [/ Quote]
[Quote = "mekelek, mensaje: 630.688, miembro de: 59669"] por lo que está básicamente en busca de una solución libre.
ir a por Comodo pero luego configurarlo en función de las guías se pueden encontrar aquí. [/ quote]

Okay then decided;
I leave Avast Free and I download comodo Firewall where part of firewall has the antivirus signatures and I have 2 detection rates.
Thank you all so much for your help!
Just keep in mind that Comodo's firewall is prone to attempting to block/blocking a lot of background services of legitimate applications that you'll have to either manually allow or manually unblock.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.