• Poll closed .
Products to compare
Emsisoft Anti-Malware
Eset NOD32 Antivirus
Kaspersky Antivirus (free or paid)
Avast Free
Compare
Performance and System Impact
Computer protection (Antivirus engine, Heuristic engine)
Proactive protection (Behavior blocker, HIPS, Sandbox)

dinosaur07

Level 7
Verified
Emsisoft with exclusions as Azure stated. It works excellent with all the VPN i tested. The truth is I haven't had any issue with VPN with Kaspersky either. So, my advice is stick with Emsi as I did.

Pano

Level 1
Thank u everyone.
I'll try Kaspersky Antivirus (paid) again. I hope it will fit to my activities and software enviroment, if not i switch to eset.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Content Creator
Just getting opinions but from other posts on this forum, I think I found my match in Cf/cs with Forticlient AV Free.
I agree too many installs and uninstalls leave remnants, and I do have multiple system images as backups. Thanks.

Haven't heard this mentioned a lot, is forticlient one that you have to run from a main PC and then you can have many endpoints from that? Or am I thinking of something else

TapaDonut

Level 1
If I'll pick based on what you enumerated, then I would recommend going with ESET if you want minimal impact with good protection. There are other AVs that are good too such as F-Secure and Webroot. Kaspersky does give a great protection but depending on your PC it can be a security with minimal impact or as heavy as Bitdefender or even worse as heavy as Trend Micro.

SearchLight

Level 9
Verified
Haven't heard this mentioned a lot, is forticlient one that you have to run from a main PC and then you can have many endpoints from that? Or am I thinking of something else
It can be run standalone in a single pc but has applications to run with their specific hardwares. More info can be gleaned from their website, and Slyguy's hardening suggestion on this website. Hope this helps