Battle avast! Free or Avira Free or MSE with Comodo Firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluxon

Thread author
Jul 15, 2011
avast! Free with Comodo Firewall vs Avira Free with Comodo Firewall vs MSE with Comodo Firewall.

Which do you think is better and why?

DiabloBlack

Nov 5, 2011
ZeroDay said:
Isn't there a conflict with avast! web shield and comodo firewall? Meaning you'd have to disable avast! web shield to run it along side comodo firewall.

HeffeD may be right with Windows 7. I have Avast + CFW currently installed in a Windows XP environment and have had no issues with the two pieces of software working side by side.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Avira Free in a heartbeat because MSE falls short, in my opinion, and when set up right, it is more effective than Avast in my experiences. Avira is also as light as a feather (or helium). Comodo firewall is apparently good, and you can tweak Avira to be extremely powerful compared to most programs that we tweak after the original default settings have been presented to us.

I have used Avast Free in the past with Online Armor and had no problems, but I have never used Comodo FW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.