Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
A powerful yet highly intuitive application for detecting and removing spyware, adware, bloatware, files left behind by trial software and registry clutters
avast! GrimeFighter comes in handy to all users looking to optimize the overall performance of their computer by cleaning all obsolete or unnecessary files.

Users can rely on avast! GrimeFighter to clean junk files, remove bloatware services, optimize the startup and unclutter the system registry.

Requirements:
  • Pentium 3 Processor
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 600 MB of free hard disk space
Screenshots
avast-GrimeFighter_1.png

avast-GrimeFighter_2.png

avast-GrimeFighter_3.jpg

avast-GrimeFighter_4.png

avast-GrimeFighter_6.jpg

avast-GrimeFighter_8.jpg

avast-GrimeFighter_9.jpg

avast-GrimeFighter_10.jpg

avast-GrimeFighter_11.jpg

avast-GrimeFighter_7.PNG

Source: Softpedia.com | Avast.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Any major differences between the original JumpShot and Avast GrimeFighter?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Any major differences between the original JumpShot and Avast GrimeFighter?
Will see in the test :)
One of my favorite tests, infect the system very badly and then testing "removal tools" :rolleyes:

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
Looks really good tool but unfortunately, I have the most updated version - with premier licence and for some reason I cant see GrimeFighter. I did uninstall grimeFighter (avast says grimefighter already installed) and them installed again but nothing helped...

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Looks really good tool but unfortunately, I have the most updated version - with premier licence and for some reason I cant see GrimeFighter. I did uninstall grimeFighter (avast says grimefighter already installed) and them installed again but nothing helped...:(:mad:
Did you try to reinstall Avast Premier since you have a license?

Steven

Apr 6, 2014
It looks nice. The trouble is that it does not work. After a restart, my PC is put to sleep and the internet connection is lost, time and time again. After a reboot my internet connection runs as usual after a few minutes. Yes, that is slow, and that was exactly why I bought Grimefighter. Avast support tells me to download the standalone version, but doing so, it runs as the previous one. I am not an expert here and feeling lost. I know I can ask for a refund but I'd rather see it works properly.

Falt007

May 3, 2014
I installed Grimefighter, and it's asking for my internet password- which seems odd because my laptop automatically connects. Any ideas why ?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I believe it's because GrimeFighter launches prior to Windows and is Linux-based, so an Internet password is required so it can contact their servers for removal or download tools to eliminate whatever threat is on your PC.

Reactions: Falt007

Steven

Apr 6, 2014
I installed Grimefighter, and it's asking for my internet password- which seems odd because my laptop automatically connects. Any ideas why ?
hi, yes this is odd, and the worst of all is the service by Avast. It used to be service oriented US based, now it appears to be in a slavic former communist area where the word 'service' needs to be introduced in their dictionary, which will be tough since no-one will pay them to do so. No result, no excuses, money back I hope, at least this was confirmed, but my pc problem for which I bought grime fighter in the 1st place is not solved.
Bad reputation for avast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.