App Review avast! Internet Security 7 Review (nsm0220)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

Sounds like he has been a victim of cyber bullying too.
Hopefully the person responsible is not a member here :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
NSG001 said:
Sounds like he has been a victim of cyber bullying too.
Hopefully the person responsible is not a member here :(
Umm... yeah about that. He did start it with the avast/Gdata arguements but some of they still had no right to treat him the way they did. :(

The bullying isn't one-sided though... He bullies me whenever he gets the chance.. Real talk.

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
cyber bullying is wrong
however out of real concern

Has no one recomended this guy nsm0220 a psychairst
I mean He is talking like He is in love with the GData
If G Data Shoud go bankrupt and close down this guy
will be off some tall bulding somewhere,
I would recomended professional help

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Cyber bullying is wrong no matter how you look at it, but some people set themselves up to be victims. When you post something online like a review which is full of mistakes then you can expect to have all kinds of negative feedback. Some people are just not very nice when you go make their favorite product look like a piece of crap.

For example: If a posted a blog or review about MalwareTips forum and said it was a piece of crap, think of what kind of commits you would like to say to me. (Of coarse I would not do that).

People have to watch what they post online or it is very easy for them to set themselves up to be cyber bully victims.

Thanks.:D

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
malwarekiller like I said to you in my PM dont bother about what users say, you like Avast like it and use it but dont abuse them. I have installed Avast and I am liking it.
LittleBits I beg to differ, the reviewer does not conduct real world testing, he is trying to download malware, so that we can find out at what stage and how much of the payload is blocked by the AV. This is the only way to accurately measure detection percent and put all sheilds and blockers to test. The not digital signed and UAC warnings were not giving by AVAST so it was a miss. Also for him to test if Avast's BB catches the virus it becomes necessary for the virus to run.
Stranger, can you post a quick comparision between Quickheal and AVAST(Internet Security suite). Thanks.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
Well the tester should have turned on PUP scanning..which he didnt i checked some of his malwares out and many were PUP's :(

But this doesnt replicate real life usage...people are not that dumb to run y.exe... :p

dnschina.exe - PUP

autoupdate.exe - very old piece of malware about 2 years old!!!! its 100% dead...no use of detecting as it doesnt work anymore..

and many more were very old and dead..many PUP's...also notice that he ran Zaccess rootkit...that he ran when he forgot to enable avast!...i found the same dropper which was blocked by autosandbox...

P

Plexx

malwarekiller said:
Well the tester should have turned on PUP scanning..which he didnt i checked some of his malwares out and many were PUP's :(

But this doesnt replicate real life usage...people are not that dumb to run y.exe... :p

dnschina.exe - PUP

autoupdate.exe - very old piece of malware about 2 years old!!!! its 100% dead...no use of detecting as it doesnt work anymore..

and many more were very old and dead..many PUP's...also notice that he ran Zaccess rootkit...that he ran when he forgot to enable avast!...i found the same dropper which was blocked by autosandbox...

Care to tell me why does avast doesn't have by default PUP on?

Once again we fall on the same line of discussion. Avast indeed offers great protection but not on stock settings.

As for the user who will be dumb enough to run those type of exe's or what not, there are plenty of them. Remember, not everyone has intermediate knowledge and that also applies to Online Gamers. Simply have a look at some forums and you see them running MSE for example and claim it is the lightest and best out there...

The guy who did the video already did a follow up saying his mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, its the human nature. No one is perfect.

Least you or anyone can do is show some dignity for the uploader's efforts and actions regardless if you agree or not.

D

Deleted member 178

Before i watched a French reviewer "Peghorse" that just test any products he got his hands on, with stock setting and like a real real beginner, touching nothing during the installation of the softwares, and clicking allow or deny after reading the popup as a beginners will do (deny when the popup seems threatening, allow if not) i really enjoyed and appreciate the way he test AVs.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
Biozfear said:

Once again we fall on the same line of discussion. Avast indeed offers great protection but not on stock settings.

Really!? stock settings are best for avast... but if u want some more tight monitoring do the changes...and PUP=potentially unwanted program...the programs that can be used for good as well as bad purposes...so avast team doesnt want to annoy u by quarantining something that is on the border line and giving the users a impression of FP's...

I have some of my friends using avast free on stock alone...and have been clean since they began using version 6 :p

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
Before i watched a French reviewer "Peghorse" that just test any products he got his hands on, with stock setting and like a real real beginner, touching nothing during the installation of the softwares, and clicking allow or deny after reading the popup as a beginners will do (deny when the popup seems threatening, allow if not) i really enjoyed and appreciate the way he test AVs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB9P1eHl_oU right??

P

Plexx

malwarekiller said:
Biozfear said:

Really!? stock settings are best for avast... but if u want some more tight monitoring do the changes...and PUP=potentially unwanted program...the programs that can be used for good as well as bad purposes...so avast team doesnt want to annoy u by quarantining something that is on the border line and giving the users a impression of FP's...

I am well aware what a PUP is, so there is no need to throw in the explanation.

So let me see if I get this straight: Avast stock settings are best right? Then why do you have PUP turned on if the default is off? And also according to your avast post, you have modified the settings.

Either way you are already contradicting yourself.

Most vendors either have PUP/PUA turned on by default or ask if you want to enable or not and they actually recommend (ESET for example).

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
i like avast to let me know any such program rather than just let it go...

avast have their own reasons...to have it off...:p it doesnt affect protection rather avast will miss adware :shy:

explain me why did up to date eset [defaults] on my friends machine let in file infectors and a bunch of trojans?? :exclamation::exclamation:

why did default eset fail him so badly??

My answer:
no one can calculate how nicely a product can protect you from malwares :cool:

P

Plexx

malwarekiller said:
i like avast to let me know any such program rather than just let it go...

avast have their own reasons...to have it off...:p it doesnt affect protection rather avast will miss adware :shy:

explain me why did up to date eset [defaults] on my friends machine let in file infectors and a bunch of trojans?? :exclamation::exclamation:

If they have their own reasons and according to you default settings are the best for avast, then you should be running everything on default. Am I wrong here? All you do is contradict yourself etc.

Now you bring ESET to the discussion: Have you checked or asked what your friend did to get it infected?

And since when a solution is perfect?

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
Biozfear said:
If they have their own reasons and according to you default settings are the best for avast, then you should be running everything on default. Am I wrong here? All you do is contradict yourself etc.

Now you bring ESET to the discussion: Have you checked or asked what your friend did to get it infected?

And since when a solution is perfect?

I agree not all av's get everything......yes,i did check his eset settings...and it was on default...probably the file infectors got his eset infected too..rather no av files can escape from these type of bad infections..i dont contradict myself...these are my opinions,my points of view...u told default on avast isnt good right?? and eset default is good...so i just set you a live example of my friend with eset...agree that eset is yet a very good solution but as u see whether on defaults or not...it doesnt matter...AV's will continue to be not to perfect..pretty obvious..

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
Biozfear said:
Just got one last comment for you: when did I say ESET on default settings was good?

well i presume if PUP or something is recommended in a product to turn on or any other bla bla bla...it pretty much understood a user will continue..I have tested eset myself and i know its default is very good..I am sure u know that too...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.