App Review avast! Internet Security 7 Review (nsm0220)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
P

Plexx

malwarekiller said:
Biozfear said:
Just got one last comment for you: when did I say ESET on default settings was good?

well i presume if PUP or something is recommended in a product to turn on or any other bla bla bla...it pretty much understood a user will continue..I have tested eset myself and i know its default is very good..I am sure u know that too...

So by presuming something on a product automatically you draw a conclusion and assume I agree completely with it? You have got a lot to learn then.

I am well aware of ESET's capabilities and short comings. Don't ever assume that because I use ESET on my host most of the time it is my favourite...

I occasionally run an AVless system.

Edit: I suppose this discussion could end here and lets focus on the main topic.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
Biozfear said:
So by presuming something on a product automatically you draw a conclusion and assume I agree completely with it? You have got a lot to learn then.

No..but as you said average dum user wont bother to move settings up down...

discussion closed! back to topic..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Average dumb user? I didn't change any Kingsoft AV (on SP4.0) settings...

OK I see how it is.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
malwarekiller said:
No..but as you said average dum user wont bother to move settings up down...

discussion closed! back to topic..

What you need to do malwarekiller is keep an open mind. There actutally might be another AV out there that might be better then Avast. Avast is not the be all end all, (I think I've already been here....). If I had to rate ESET and Avast to each other (meaning the internet security of Avast ;) ) I would have to say ESET, why because it has better results and has well I can let you guess there.

All Biozfear is saying that if you are going to say something, then stick to it. I've noticed that as well, you say one thing then say another thing, a bit strange. Your a bright kid malwarekiller, but sometimes you need to slow down and READ and then you might learn something, that's all I'm trying to say.

Anyway, I would have to agree with Littlebits if your going to post something that is full of mistakes then what else are people going to but to point those mistakes out. What I would of done is rendered it and then watched my own video a couple of times and if I see or say something that can be fixed, well I fixed and keep trying.

If this guy corrects his mistakes, I bet he might be a great reviewer in the future, you don't know what the future might bring.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Biozfear said:
Most vendors either have PUP/PUA turned on by default or ask if you want to enable or not and they actually recommend (ESET for example).

Default is ideal/safe for the xx+ million users of their product.

:)

P

Plexx

I doubt this guy's future reviews will have any positive comments (by viewers).

To be honest his 1st video's frustration was uncalled for regardless of the issue at hand. On his 2nd video I got even more confused when he got emotional...

D

Deleted member 178

malwarekiller said:
umbrapolaris said:
Before i watched a French reviewer "Peghorse" that just test any products he got his hands on, with stock setting and like a real real beginner, touching nothing during the installation of the softwares, and clicking allow or deny after reading the popup as a beginners will do (deny when the popup seems threatening, allow if not) i really enjoyed and appreciate the way he test AVs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB9P1eHl_oU right??

yes this guy.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.