Battle Avast Internet Security or Emsisoft AM + HitmanPro.Alert or Zemana AM.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Between Avast and Emsi I would pick Emsisoft because of it's not buggy like avast and the behavior blocker in Emsi is much better than Avast.
Avast Free Antivirus / Pro Antivirus / Internet Security/ Premier just take a look at the forum and you will see bugs, problems...so it's not recommended:notworthy:
if I want to run Esmi then my combo would be Emsisoft+GitHub - henrypp/simplewall: Simple tool to configure Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) which can configure network activity on your computer. and I think it will be more than enough.
I will not use hitman pro alert because its problematic.
I will rely on windows updates and maybe a sandboxed browser(or a chromium browser with tweaked settings and some extensions) for exploits and rare malware:)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Set up a VM run the combos Avast+.... and EAM+.... and see how they are performing.
I think then you can find out what is best for you.
Personally i would definitely add HitmanProAlert and keep ZAN as an on demand scanner.
Now which av your choice.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Between Avast and Emsi I would pick Emsisoft because of it's not buggy like avast and the behavior blocker in Emsi is much better than Avast.
Avast Free Antivirus / Pro Antivirus / Internet Security/ Premier just take a look at the forum and you will see bugs, problems...so it's not recommended:notworthy:
if I want to run Esmi then my combo would be Emsisoft+GitHub - henrypp/simplewall: Simple tool to configure Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) which can configure network activity on your computer. and I think it will be more than enough.
I will not use hitman pro alert because its problematic.
I will rely on windows updates and maybe a sandboxed browser(or a chromium browser with tweaked settings and some extensions) for exploits and rare malware:)
Avast has lot more users, so it looks more but in theory its very stable and good! :)

Plebman123

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
Avast has lot more users, so it looks more but in theory its very stable and good! :)
True they do and it can be debated, but Avast has been known to put a ad-signature in gmail emails :unsure: and on some computers Avast can slow it to a crawl
Links:I found out that AVAST was putting its own ad-signature into my outgoing emails in gmail through the browser without ever asking me about it. • r/pcmasterrace
Why I switched from Avast to Avira: better computer performance and speed [Opinion] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech
And i know the slow-down is an opinion but i have seen it as well, which Avast is good in someways but it has its flaws, and the ad-signature can be turned off but why have that in the first place

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.