Battle Avast IS 2016 / Panda IS 2016 / Bitdefender IS 2016

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
What kind of system do you have?
Panda and Avast are the lightest while Bitdefender can be heavy.

All 3 offer excellent protection (Avast requires tweaking; Bitdefender and Panda works out of the box), while Bitdefender is mainly known for its detection rate (signatures).

Try the 3 of them (trial versions, not the 6 months) and see which one you prefer.

In terms of UI, all 3 are user friendly.

Have a look here for Avast and Bitdefender info:
KIS 2016 vs NIS 2016 vs BIS 2016 vs Avast IS 2016 vs Trend Micro IS 2016

N

Noxx

Not a fan of AVAST or BitDefender. AVAST is just packed with ads and full of bloatware if you get the internet security version. The virus protection is good, but I've heard its lacking as of late. BitDefender was very buggy in the few months I used it. As far as the protection is concerned, it does really well in tests. I've heard a lot of good things about Panda recently, particularly how it's becoming so light and its up-and-coming cloud protection. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Panda simply because of my bad experiences with the other two.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
From the above 3 i would have to say BitDefender.
BD is the best choice in terms of protection, very good signatures, very good behavioral blocker and a nice firewall.
But if you have an old system like mine then you will notice slowdowns while browsing.
Fortunately never noticed any bug while i was using it.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Avast is my first choice, it has better protection and removal. On second place is BitDefender, good detection, AVC is very good (this gives BitDefender that good protection), the removal is not that good and has weak protection/detection against PUP/PUA. Panda is good, you need to be connected all the time for best protection, the removal is not that good.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I am using Explorer relacement on Win 7 (Directory Opus) and really missing right cklick scan option with Bitfedender. Just 2 mention...
but you recommend BD correct? if so why?
On a side note, I could be wrong but didnt BD always have a right click scan option?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.