Not open for further replies.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Hello, I have Avast Free on W8.1 64bit, I notice that from time to time it doesn't show any alerts when a malware is blocked or when the update is done. I have all the popups checked.

Any ideas or anyone had this issue ?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Are you running in silent mode? Usually most AV's have that mode.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
well, they silent avast pop-ups. In brazilian Facebook page they ask to people give opinions about "avast voice" and pop-ups( avast 2015 ) suppressed almost all "non important" pop-ups.

Screenshot_1.png

Reactions: Venustus

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Are you running in silent mode? No, I don't :/

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hello, I have Avast Free on W8.1 64bit, I notice that from time to time it doesn't show any alerts when a malware is blocked or when the update is done. I have all the popups checked.

Any ideas or anyone had this issue ?
Indeed update sounds are gone!This was done as per development builds!
Not sure about the other popups!

I guess its the new politics of Alwil, so many people were complaining about their pop-ups and update sounds, at the end, they decided to silent the software completely. :(
LOL:p:p:p

Reactions: Koroke San

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I am running AIS.

I too dont get updates popups.
The feature was removed!:)
Hi, these popups were removed from V2015 as in fact with streaming updates you are getting ~200 updates/day. So showing a message that virus database has been updated twice a day isn't correct. In case your virus definitions will be too old we will advise you to make manual update. Otherwise no manual updates needed.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=157589.0

Reactions: Koroke San
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.