Battle Avast Premier or Eset Internet Security?

Compare list
eset internet security 12.0.31.0
avast premier 19.2.2364
In-depth Comparison

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Pros :
Signatures : Avast slightly has better signatures and response to newer threats is better too ..Eset too is same however since Avast cloud (+AVG) is larger than Eset..response is slightly faster from what I seen.
Next Proactive detection : Avast beats Eset completely ..Cleanup against unknown malware is quite good.
Eset fails to remove any traces that are out of it's signatures. Behaviour based detection of Avast is vastly improved so it's blocking and cleanup + (AVG IDP) ..Eset hips is ok on tweaking but that cannot be replaced with BB .
Antiphishing of Avast is excellent over Eset. After AVG acquisition ..it's phishing capability at par with Trend and Webroot.
Avast is free ..that dominates Eset (Paid) in protection category ..
As far as PUP and Lightness is concerned Eset is the winner ..however pup detection should be enabled manually in both Avast and Avg.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I do not usually pay attention to the surveys because according to the AV tests I would use bitdefender or kaspersky (I have tried them) that come out well punctuated, I am a user of eset I have never tried avast which is one of the most used suites
Dude, don't stay with the desire to try Avast. If you don't like it, just take it off.
It also happens to me that you get bored with the same program and look for something different.:)

ChemicalB

Level 8
Verified
Sep 14, 2018
Recently a friend called me for a problem.
In short, he's using Avast free for years but lately, his PC had become slow and not very responsive with the "hourglass" on the mouse pointer.
Just doing a scan with Eset Online Scanner, it found a trojan that was hogging the resources, and who knows what else it did.
Now, this means nothing because no AV is 100% reliable, but using a second opinion scanner you can get more security.
Then I would stay with Eset, maybe adding EEK or Zemana.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.