Compare list
1. F-Secure Total Protection
2. Avast Premier

jackwilli

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
Hi guys, I have licence for both Avast premier and F-Secure Total Protection. I have Windows 10 PC with 4 GB RAM, 1TB HDD and i3 7th gen processor. Which one would be right for my PC? I tried one by one and both were running okay but i don't know which would be good for overall protection.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Avast have better performance. F-Secure delay many the aplications and the browser. Avast banking protection is top is you install Avast browser. Signatures is better Avast. Behavior blocker is better F-Secure. Sandbox i think F-Secure have not. My opinion is better Avast. Light and secure. And have all the features but without vpn

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Avast have better performance. F-Secure delay many the aplications and the browser. Avast banking protection is top is you install Avast browser. Signatures is better Avast. Behavior blocker is better F-Secure. Sandbox i think F-Secure have not. My opinion is better Avast. Light and secure. And have all the features but without vpn

In my opinion Avast's behavior blocker has drastically improved over the time. It is much more active against fileless/JS/Java samples.
However, I also think FS is solid product. Just the features Avast offers (in the Premier) far exceed what FS offers. That is - if you're going to use them.
I would run both programs and see which one feels better in your particular system. I believe both are excellent in terms of protection.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
In my opinion Avast's behavior blocker has drastically improved over the time. It is much more active against fileless/JS/Java samples.
However, I also think FS is solid product. Just the features Avast offers (in the Premier) far exceed what FS offers. That is - if you're going to use them.
I would run both programs and see which one feels better in your particular system. I believe both are excellent in terms of protection.
On my system F-Secure is very heavy. Delay many the start of the aplications and the browser. Only the ram is low.Now i use Avast Pro. Realy is one of the lightest antivirus. Thanks for your comment .But the comment is for jackwilli . I choice Avast before many time :giggle::giggle:

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
On my system F-Secure is very heavy. Delay many the start of the aplications and the browser. Only the ram is low.Now i use Avast Pro. Realy is one of the lightest antivirus. Thanks for your comment .But the comment is for jackwilli . I choice Avast before many time :giggle::giggle:
What about consecutive run - still same delay?
Or you mean delay overall? I can not say for sure, but I feel FS is quite light on my systems. I've ran AVG IS and I could not feel real difference between these two...
Of course it could be some sort of conflict.

jackwilli

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
I want to specify a little more about pc use. This pc will be used by all family members (most of them are happy clickers), mostly for internet browsing so which of the two have better web protection.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.