Avast Premier

Status
Not open for further replies.

simmy

Thread author
Nov 15, 2011
Hi all! Today I took advantage of the cheap £29.99 upgrade price for 3 PCs for Avast Premier (within the Avast free UI).

I am loving it so far, and I know that I will use the AccessAnywhere feature quite a lot :). Has anyone else bought or tried Avast Premier and what are your thoughts? :)

AMD1

Level 5
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
simmy said:
Hi all! Today I took advantage of the cheap £29.99 upgrade price for 3 PCs for Avast Premier (within the Avast free UI).

I am loving it so far, and I know that I will use the AccessAnywhere feature quite a lot :). Has anyone else bought or tried Avast Premier and what are your thoughts? :)

I presume that's for a years cover ?

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
I running it on trial and so far it has been BUGGY.

So far I have experienced 2 BSOD, still web slowdowns (problem since v5), froze up a few times, and it uses a lot of CPU.

About to uninstall it, Seems like almost everyone is having the same problems as above but not everyone, So see how it goes. But if I were you, I would have done the trial first then used that upgrade.. however I don't know how long avast is going to offer that upgrade sale.

simmy

Thread author
Nov 15, 2011
AMD1 said:
simmy said:

I presume that's for a years cover ?

Yes it is. :)

simmy

Thread author
Nov 15, 2011
3link9 said:
I running it on trial and so far it has been BUGGY.

So far I have experienced 2 BSOD, still web slowdowns (problem since v5), froze up a few times, and it uses a lot of CPU.

About to uninstall it, Seems like almost everyone is having the same problems as above but not everyone, So see how it goes. But if I were you, I would have done the trial first then used that upgrade.. however I don't know how long avast is going to offer that upgrade sale.

Thanks for the warning! I will keep an eye out and see how it goes. The receipt said that the discount was £30, so I am guessing that it won't be around for long.

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
i removed it because it so much BUGGY and webshield and some shield does not work..!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Give it time and they might get better.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
McLovin said:
Give it time and they might get better.
Except the same was said for V5...V6...V7...
Heading in the right track... but its been a bumpy road and they arent good at fixing it. Avast's Late and Fast Beta's are the main culprit.. however, They claim its been fixed it later patches, but same results. They also have components that barely work such as its Behavior Sheild and they need to fix its Automatic Sandbox which if you would notice it comes up and analyzes, But it always says "There is not enough evidence to identify it as malware" which I seen it only say it was malware only twice and then you have the option to run it in the sandbox or execute it normally... which sometimes It would run in the sandbox but it either freezes up or crashes.
But what really annoys me are the Avast fan boys that are in denial that its product is broken... yet they have many users in their tech support complaining.

So really...Avast still has a long way to go... they do need to learn from their mistakes.
What confuses me is... is V8 an 2013 or 2014 release version? If its a 2013 release... its WAY to late with its Beta and fast release but if its a 2014 release then its Beta was finished even earlier then I thought.
But the bottom line is, Enough with the fast betas and Fix the product!
We really don't need a new Bitdefender and Comodo release with so many tech problems with it.
No need to harm the regular users... just give us techies a Beta to work with for a few months and have the product fixed for a successful and minimum bug final release.

D

Deleted member 178

My first experience with Avast was the one with the audio-player UI, it works flawlessly, then since i never have a peaceful experience with it; in every version i had bugs or issues, v6 was the less buggy to me; but v7... V8 seems to take the same road...more features, more bugs, instead of serious fixes.

hope i am wrong.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
My first experience with Avast was the one with the audio-player UI, it works flawlessly, then since i never have a peaceful experience with it; in every version i had bugs or issues, v6 was the less buggy to me; but v7... V8 seems to take the same road...more features, more bugs, instead of serious fixes.

hope i am wrong.

I consider v4.8 to be the most stable Avast has used in my experience.
I used v5 a couple of times but not enough to have a full opinion on it, v6 had some bugs as it made my computer un-bootable twice when the update before the final update of v6 was released. v7 was buggier with its BSOD problem, crashes, and freezes. V8 as I mentioned in many posts have been just worse.... ugh.

D

Deleted member 178

yes v4 was good and stable, v5 was very average about detection ( many computers infected even with it active and updated)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Avast and others could tend to experience lots of problem due to experimental and improving the components, and problems exist is a high chance no matter its a beta or stable.

Its really lucky if some users couldn't suffer those issues.

davhag48

Nov 5, 2012
Wow I thought this was going to be a great software, but i too notice the last couple of versions were high CPU usage and a drag down. Now I know to stay clear of it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not to be in the off topic, well its just a matter of opinion; and here we just do what is right and based on the product fairly.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
3link9 said:
They claim its been fixed it later patches, but same results. They also have components that barely work such as its Behavior Sheild and ....

They're working, you may need to set avast to prompt you (ie. set to ask).

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-AVAST-8-Program-update-8-0-1483?pid=110602#pid110602

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Member said:
http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/161714-just-got-a-license-for-3-years-of-avast-is/#entry546658

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Well... How on earth people can say "This AV sucks or this one is perfect" by judging on 1 review ? You need at least 50 reviews with good protocol to be able to say something like that ... Plus most of the samples used as said are PUP or safe things (I know what I am saying).
Now I am testing Avast (you'll probably see 50 reviews) but some people say I am fanboy ... I just do normal test with fresh undetected malware samples. Soon, I'll be probably reviewing NIS 2013 we'll see if it is able to protect us as good as Avast!.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Avast has it's ups and downs like every other AV. Not all AV's are perfect.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
McLovin said:
Avast has it's ups and downs like every other AV. Not all AV's are perfect.
That's why tests should be done quite a lot of time (every day) and from what I am seeing it protects really well its users ... BTW, it does its job !

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Spywar:

One cannot judge av only by its detection rate.There are other features which make an av perfect.
Av should have best defense ability rather than detection,it should be light and easy to use.Most important thing now a days is that it should be bu free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.