Avast Premium Security feedback.

Product name
Avast Premium Security v19.8.2393
Installation (rating)
4.00 star(s)
User interface (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
UI is nice but the new Menu option takes atleast 10s to load.
Performance (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Proactive protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
It blocks any unknown site with bad reputation. Since I don't use any dodgy software/visit any dodgy site, can't comment much as I haven't faced any security incidents yet.
Browser protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Positives
    • Many features
    • Low impact on system resources
    • Highly configurable
    • Easy to use
    • Ransomware protection
    • Strong and reliable protection
    • Accurate results and reliable antivirus engine
    • Effective malicious URL blocking
    • Virus signatures are updated daily
    • Excellent scores in independent tests
    • Well designed, clear and easy to use interface
    • Multi-layer protection approach
Negatives
    • Includes paid-for components (paywall)
    • Scans can be rather slow
    • Browser extension extras can be unreliable
Time spent using product
Computer specs
  1. Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-572.
  2. i7-7700HQ
  3. 1050Ti
  4. DDR4, 8GB
  5. SSD (128GB), HDD (1TB)
  6. Windows 10 Pro (18363.476)
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
Overall rating
4.00 star(s)
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Very nice Review, I have Avast Premium Security+Avast Secureline VPN+Avast Driver Updater+Avast Cleanup Premium & Avast Secure Browser.
I am in general happy with these apps, and I think the AV is very good, the utilities also kind of good. (y)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
although it's one of the strongest AVs I have ever used after tweaking with my configuration, there are 2 things that irritate me the most:
- Avast tends to be a bit buggy after a big update -> usually requires a repair using control panel -> normally functions again
- It increases boot time noticeably (on HDD)

I can deal with other issues. Hardened mode aggressive + Syshardener (+Smartscreen) make it one of the most difficult AVs to bypass (average user's perspective)

RKRN3

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 6, 2019
although it's one of the strongest AVs I have ever used after tweaking with my configuration, there are 2 things that irritate me the most:
- Avast tends to be a bit buggy after a big update -> usually requires a repair using control panel -> normally functions again
- It increases boot time noticeably (on HDD)

I can deal with other issues. Hardened mode aggressive + Syshardener (+Smartscreen) make it one of the most difficult AVs to bypass (average user's perspective)
True enough. Since it is on my SSD, everything performs faster as it should.

Caps Lock

Jan 3, 2020
I always used antivirus programs to protect my computer. At first, it was Kaspersky, then AVG, and finally, on the recommendation of acquaintances, that working in the field of computer technology, I decided to try Avast. At first, I downloaded the free version. After a month of use, about which I can't say anything remarkable, I had to make a choice: either purchase the antivirus from the tried previously, or Avast, I decided in favor of Avast. Foolishly I bought an antivirus subscription for two years at once. I'm sorry now. Firstly, a couple of times after the payment was made, situations arose that made us think about the effectiveness of the program. Secondly, alerts constantly pop up informing me that my computer has poor performance or that my computer is not sufficiently protected during financial transactions and is vulnerable to scammers, or a recommendation was made to switch to "invisible mode". In all cases, it was proposed to solve all problems by purchasing the appropriate add-ons from Avast. The question is, why did I give money in the declared "comprehensive and global" computer protection? In general, categorically against such an aggressive imposition for my own money. If the program would work "silently" for itself, perhaps the impressions would be more positive

Peter247

Level 1
Jan 3, 2020
For a long time, I haven't used any antivirus software. Considering my past experience with Avast, I decided I wouldn't take any chances. My Pc has been doing just fine, loading fast, and no big issue until last week I started getting some ads pop up almost every 1o min on the lower right corner of my pc. It was so annoying, so I decided to install Avast free antivirus. I think that was a mistake because my pc became slower now.

I don't know who else is having the same ads popup issues. But can anyone help to recommend a decent software I can use? I came across a detailed review of Iobit Malware fighter as well and It seemed promising. Any suggestions, please?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
For a long time, I haven't used any antivirus software. Considering my past experience with Avast, I decided I wouldn't take any chances. My Pc has been doing just fine, loading fast, and no big issue until last week I started getting some ads pop up almost every 1o min on the lower right corner of my pc. It was so annoying, so I decided to install Avast free antivirus. I think that was a mistake because my pc became slower now.

I don't know who else is having the same ads popup issues. But can anyone help to recommend a decent software I can use? I came across a detailed review of Iobit Malware fighter as well and It seemed promising. Any suggestions, please?
I would make a thread in Computer Security Configuration:
People can give you better advice when they know more about your computer, it's use and the software you use.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I always used antivirus programs to protect my computer. At first, it was Kaspersky, then AVG, and finally, on the recommendation of acquaintances, that working in the field of computer technology, I decided to try Avast. At first, I downloaded the free version. After a month of use, about which I can't say anything remarkable, I had to make a choice: either purchase the antivirus from the tried previously, or Avast, I decided in favor of Avast. Foolishly I bought an antivirus subscription for two years at once. I'm sorry now. Firstly, a couple of times after the payment was made, situations arose that made us think about the effectiveness of the program. Secondly, alerts constantly pop up informing me that my computer has poor performance or that my computer is not sufficiently protected during financial transactions and is vulnerable to scammers, or a recommendation was made to switch to "invisible mode". In all cases, it was proposed to solve all problems by purchasing the appropriate add-ons from Avast. The question is, why did I give money in the declared "comprehensive and global" computer protection? In general, categorically against such an aggressive imposition for my own money. If the program would work "silently" for itself, perhaps the impressions would be more positive
Avast is the worst at hard selling there extras,lost me as a customer because of this,thou I did like its many tweaking options,

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014

I have had these same popups,For me an adjustment in notifications put a stop to them,they are annoying but not a virus,secondary scanner EEK from Emsisoft ,give that a spin,very good if a virus bypassed your system.Just google how to change notifications in windows ??? [what ever your using ]gl

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.