MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
New features announced by Avast.

Today, Avast announced that it had expanded its flagship product Avast One with a number of new features designed to protect users from online scams, fraud and other privacy threats.

The solution, which already included an antivirus, VPN and data breach monitoring services, now includes new features including Email Guardian, an anti-email phishing solution, Online Safety Score, which monitors the cyber hygiene of devices, and Privacy Advisor, a step-by-step guide to show users how to optimize their privacy settings on social media.

While there were many new features launched, Avast has placed a significant focus on addressing phishing and social engineering scams. For enterprises, these new features have the potential to offer additional protection against cyber attacks that rely on manipulating users into clicking on malicious links via email and SMS messages.

For instance, Email Guardian, one of the new features announced, is designed to combat phishing threats by blocking malicious attachments to emails received in email apps installed on the desktop.

Similarly, Scam Protection for Android notifies the user when they receive a potentially malicious SMS, social media or messaging app message. Secure links are opened automatically in the browser, while dangerous links generate a notification to warn the user so they can decide whether to continue or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I really don't mind about the suites. Most vendors offer versions without all the extras or allow you to opt out when installing. So, buy the basic version or, if you get a good offer for the suite ,just do not install whatever you are not interested in.

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I like Avast, but not a fan of the AV/VPN's/all in one suites that are becoming more common - Prefer to choose or not to chose addon's myself, though I'm sure some prefer all in one security suites :)
Bit on the bright side, Avast does allow you to choose the components you need during installation. What I do not like, though, that their GuI has buttons referring to their other products such VpN and Optimisation in the form of tabs. I wish there was a way to disable those.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.