Avast Secureline VPN

surf_worm

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 19, 2018
i recently got the opportunity to get this VPN at a discounted price and i have never used this VPN or Avast for that matter...always been a ESET person...so can i trust this product or do i have to have any concerns about it...please advise...

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
i recently got the opportunity to get this VPN at a discounted price and i have never used this VPN or Avast for that matter...always been a ESET person...so can i trust this product or do i have to have any concerns about it...please advise...
I think you can get back your money right?
Never Install this software , its a long time I said Never Trust NSA&FSB partner At all :D

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
to be completely honoust , I would not trust avast product anymore due to this article here :

imho one of the biggest spying companies there is....

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
Never get avast and avg products, their products are pretty much malware in how they collect and sell your info to third parties and scares you into buying products you dont need, and you can get an actually good VPN with good privacy policies for less money than what you paid, ask for a refund.

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I have a completely different opinion. I love Avast Premium Security+Avast Driver Updater+Avast Clean Up Premium & Avast Secureline VPN, I also got SurfEasy Ultra Subscription. Your internet traffic is no secret to those who want to know, so why not go with the flow IMO. :)
Of course, you should protect yourself in every way, but there are organizations and people you can not keep in the dark.
I mean you should trust at least Microsoft/Apple+your ISP and your Antivirus Vendor.

Last edited by a moderator:

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
I have a completely different opinion. I love Avast Premium Security+Avast Driver Updater+Avast Clean Up Premium & Avast Secureline VPN, I also got SurfEasy Ultra Subscription. Your internet traffic is no secret to those who want to know, so why not go with the flow IMO. :)
Of course, you should protect yourself in every way, but there are organizations and people you can not keep in the dark.
I mean you should trust at least Microsoft/Apple+your ISP and your Antivirus Vendor.
Clean up/registry cleaner software are snake oil, and driver installers are straight up dangerous which can and will wreck your computer.

surf_worm

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 19, 2018
did a little study about Avast Secureline VPN and found this...
Avast-SecureLineVPN-Website-Privacy-Logging.png

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
did a little study about Avast Secureline VPN and found this...View attachment 231038
Assuming the info is correct & I'm not doubting it is, you are better off with no VPN whatsoever than Avast - It's very sporting of them for example to delete data they collected in January by the end of March, very comforting - There are pretty safe VPN's such as Mullvad, AirVPN, IVPN & Perfect Privacy for example but Avast is not one of them - I'd rather use a VPN run by my other half! :oops::oops:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
  • Wow
  • HaHa
Reactions: RKRN3 and Cortex

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.