Battle Avast vs Avira 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
So I was wondering this myself...I been impressed by both products.
I looked at many tests and I see Avira marking well and as well as AVAST but I seen Avira have a better detection rate but when I see Avast vs Avira I see everyone recommending AVAST over Avira which I don't really get... but I wonder what you guys think.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
What makes people choose Avast over Avira is the features that it has. Most of the features in the paid Avira products are there in the free version, and the detection rate is not that big difference. Also the fewer false positives in Avast is a +1.
I myself choose Avast.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I chose avast for alot interesting features in FREE version and also good in prevention.
and, for detection I chose Avira ,about prevention ,avira still can't beat avast.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Mine would have to be Avast because of the many features that it gives you for free, mind you Avira has good features as well. Has anyone recently tried Avira?

My choice Avast.

muhammadariif

Aug 3, 2011
Me too, Avast have interesting characteristics, it changed my computer, such as advanced machine, each time treats detect and update is complete Avast will tell me with female voice. This is a great function if we are not in front of the computer.

I think avast is very suitable for beginner users, i have never used Avira before, do not know which would be good in terms of detection.

I will choose Avast.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'd simply choose Avast! over Avira mainly because Avast! doesn't nag the user with useless ads. More prevention features and a boot-time scanner makes it better than Avira.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
BoXX28 said:
I'd simply choose Avast! over Avira mainly because Avast! doesn't nag the user with useless ads. More prevention features and a boot-time scanner makes it better than Avira.

Completely agree also would like to add Avast can sandbox unknown processes without digital signatures, Avira lacks digital signature checking which causes more false positives.

Thanks.:D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Could you possibly be in favour for Avast, since your other thread includes Avast.
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-AVG-2012-vs-Avast

I prefer Avast, only because I have used it since v4.7. The other choices not so much, they like to nag you with In-App Ads.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Once I test both software but I think Avira (even free) is better than Avast. Especially when Avira is good configured. When it scan files when reading and writing. It then test even e-mails. I prefer Avira.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I choose to use Avast because I believe it is the best free protection, AND my grandmother could use it. Once you set it up properly and put it on "gaming mode", it leaves you alone while it does its job.

I used Avira in the past and while it is good protection, esp. when setup properly, it is not for the inexperienced user.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've used Avira since 2 years from now and it doesn't get down. No problems especially issues that were posted in their forum, I didn't received those.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
win7holic said:
I chose avast for alot interesting features in FREE version and also good in prevention.
and, for detection I chose Avira ,about prevention ,avira still can't beat avast.

i agree with you thats why i voted for Avast since i think prevention is more important.
avira have an amazing signature DB and imo it makes for a good rescue disk, but in an active computer avast can do a much better job.

ranget

Dec 8, 2011
Avast is Far easier to use more compatible with other component in my opinion
also it has Far more feature than avira
so Avast it is but i put avaira in my pocket as on demand scanner

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I found Avira Free 2012 to have less performance impact, when waking my laptop from Sleep. Avast on the other-hand took ~10 second before being able to Log In again.
With Avira it was almost instant, as if no AV was installed.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Earth said:
I found Avira Free 2012 to have less performance impact, when waking my laptop from Sleep. Avast on the other-hand took ~10 second before being able to Log In again.

Its like Avira have their feature to be implemented the performance works better even in low resolution & memory. (Netbook Support)

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Earth said:

Can't get much lighter than that!

Attachments

• Avira light.png
    Avira light.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 957
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.