Aventador's Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aventador

Thread author
Sep 5, 2012
Light,simple,effective. Weekly backups and images performed with Windows 7 Backup & Restore, Paragon Backup & Recovery 2012 Free.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nice config you have there.

Use WOT or considered it for Chrome?

Aventador

Thread author
Sep 5, 2012
WOT is a joke based solely on users who have no idea how to distinguish a site that contains actual malware or a site they just don't like. Why do I need any sort of site advisor? I think I know by common sense if a site is legit or not. Thanks for the advice anyways. I use WebRep mainly cause its a component of Avast.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Ahh I see. Well, just a question would you be able to post your Hardware Configuration here. Would love to see what your hardware specs are. :D

Aventador

Thread author
Sep 5, 2012
Its a Dell XPS 17, Intel Core i5, 8GB of ram, 750GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Aventador said:
Its a Dell XPS 17, Intel Core i5, 8GB of ram, 750GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M.

I see, very nice. The screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 right? or?

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'm smelling something ridiculous here. :rolleyes:

Anyways, A nice and secure config. Are you experiencing the occasional slowdown during boot time with Avast installed?

Aventador

Thread author
Sep 5, 2012
No slow downs what so ever. Most software conflicts are directly related to a corrupt OS. Or too many installs and uninstalls of software. Mainly security. The first thing I did when I got my new laptop was wipe it out and start off fresh. No preinstalled crapware. Have had Avast on since and never one issue.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
BoXX28 said:
I'm smelling something ridiculous here. :rolleyes:

Anyways, A nice and secure config. Are you experiencing the occasional slowdown during boot time with Avast installed?

With the hardware he has I doubt it will slow him down. :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you have more than one PC with Avast installed you can create an Avast account to keep a quick check on them all.

https://my.avast.com/

Anything you chose not to install from Avast (ie, WebRep, Gadget, Remote Assistance)?

Aventador

Thread author
Sep 5, 2012
Earth the only thing I did not install was the mail shield. Anyone who is using Vista or 7 should know that gadgets should be disabled per Microsoft.
Biofear with specs such as mine anyone should know that my laptop is only 1 year old.

P

Plexx

Aventador said:
Earth the only thing I did not install was the mail shield. Anyone who is using Vista or 7 should know that gadgets should be disabled per Microsoft.
Biofear with specs such as mine anyone should know that my laptop is only 1 year old.

Funny, my i7 XPS 17 is also 1 year old...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
How does AVG Free perform compared to Avast?

Aventador

Thread author
Sep 5, 2012
Boot up is slower with AVG. I still dont care for the fact that it needs to run so many processes. 8 total. But each one is light. It's missed a re-direct really hard so I am mounting my image with Avast right now. Thank God for Paragon. Feel safer with Avast in all honesty.I will give it another whirl over the weekend. On my phone now. Laptop will be ready in 30 min or so. At least Avast has a sandbox.

D

Deleted member 178

Did you tried Rollback RX? as you i like to test many softwares and i get bored to wait 15-20mn to reload an image. With RX it took me 1mn.

Aventador

Thread author
Sep 5, 2012
Rollback is a joke. It's like system restore on steroids. It's no where near the same as a system image stored on a seperate HD. Who in there right mind sits and watches there computer while it's mounting a new image? Not me. It's called walk away and do something else. Come back and it's done. Rollback cannot save you from a HD failure. Any good pc guru should know this.

D

Deleted member 178

i don't talk about Hardware failures or anything else, i just talk about time saving and easy and fast-to-restore. Even your external HDDs may failed, it happened to me already; so what you do then?

btw, i also have a backup in external HDD and one in cloud. so i don't mind for that eventuality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.