Avetix Antivirus 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@saket : Unfortunately its not very clear where we can download those manual updates besides of automatic operation, but probably may or may cannot done by signatures from Bitdefender website due to different execution.

Reactions: saket

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Upon visiting the Avetix website when FlashGet was unable to check for an updated installer for it, I found that Avetix has been discontinued.
IMPORTANT
Dear User,

Thank you for choosing Avetix as your computer security provider.
We regret to inform you that changes in our product portfolio have prompted us to discontinue our antivirus solutions starting September 30, 2015. This means that Avetix Antivirus will no longer function properly.

Thus, we advise you to remove it from your computer by then.
If you own an “Avetix Pro” licence, you will not need to remove it, as it will continue to receive regular virus signature updates until the expiration date of your licence.

However, it may become vulnerable to other online threats.
As we would like to make sure you stay safe online, please allow us to recommend you Bitdefender, our technology partner’s antivirus solutions, available here http://www.bitdefender.com.

Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for understanding!

Avetix Antivirus Team

Reactions: LabZero

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@sinu : Well because Bitdefender engine provides perhaps 1/4 which needs to be implemented with a pretty good maintainance in-house engine.

L

LabZero

Because of economic and organizational problems the software development will be discontinued ...sad news.

Themselves recommend Bitdefender because, as we know, Avetix is Bitdefender based.

Reactions: saket and XhenEd

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Update!

Their website says:

Dear User,

Thank you for choosing Avetix as your computer security provider.
We regret to inform you that changes in our product portfolio have prompted us to discontinue our antivirus solutions starting September 30, 2015. This means that Avetix Antivirus will no longer function properly.

Thus, we advise you to remove it from your computer by then.
If you own an “Avetix Pro” licence, you will not need to remove it, as it will continue to receive regular virus signature updates until the expiration date of your licence.

However, it may become vulnerable to other online threats.
As we would like to make sure you stay safe online, please allow us to recommend you Bitdefender, our technology partner’s antivirus solutions, available here http://www.bitdefender.com.

Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for understanding!

Avetix Antivirus Team

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@ifacedown That was message was put up three weeks ago, and I posted it in this threat when it happened. It's a shame in my opinion they discontinuted Avetix.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Oh, my bad. I really love to try Avetix. I feel it is a lot better than RoboScan. So sad they are discontinuing their products.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Do not forget RoboScan discontinuing their products also..
I was not aware of this. I know their English language progams have not been updated for some time, but I have never heard of this.

S

sinu

I was not aware of this. I know their English language progams have not been updated for some time, but I have never heard of this.
roboscan will be renamed as ALYAC and the product will continue to serve , this is what i got a reply from ALYAC team

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.