Status
Not open for further replies.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
So which do you like better?

I like both products but I would go with Avast in most cases. I don't really like Avast's Zero Day protection... it failed terribly in my test but its still good for free, I praise its shields highly.
I really like AVG's ID-Privacy protection but it can be heavy and removal can be annoying. I like its Paid product a little bit more than Avast's Paid but in terms of free, Avast.

Thats just my opinion.... so also include if you have used/Tested both Paid and free and include which you like better.

ex: Free: Avast IS/Pro Paid: AVG IS.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
AVG never fail, but people don't likes is Many processes. and, slow when scanning. even have 2GB of ram and core 2 duo with 20% of HDD filled with files, so just 1/5 usage of HD (with OS > windows 7 32bit) it's standard, right? [my friend tried it, I know with my own eyes, he can't lie me]
;)
i don't know why AVG so slow, need more processes? :p

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
AVG 2012 Free unlike the previous builds is actually a very good antivirus and the 9 process that run in the background aren't a real problem and won't slow down the system as each uses a low amount of ram , if I remember correctly all the process added use around 40-50 MB of ram.The main problem is that AVG has a very poor reputation in the eyes of the more experienced users due to the 2008-2011 builds which had their weak points nevertheless the 2012 build is worth trying. Of course it can't truly protect a system on its own but paired with a good firewall is a solid setup.
Even so Avast Free is lighter and overall it has better definitions but the main reason why I would chose Avast Free is because its implemented some modern protection techniques than AVG , like for instance AutoSandbox ,which has a very good potential if Avast will better tune-up its heuristic engine.

Qxcju.png

VOTE : Avast 6 Free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.