AVG VS AVAST 2012

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

AVG never fail, but people don't likes is Many processes. and, slow when scanning. even have 2GB of ram and core 2 duo with 20% of HDD filled with files, so just 1/5 usage of HD (with OS > windows 7 32bit) it's standard, right? [my friend tried it, I know with my own eyes, he can't lie me]
;)
i don't know why AVG so slow, need more processes? :p

Jack

Level 85
Verified
Staff member
AVG 2012 Free unlike the previous builds is actually a very good antivirus and the 9 process that run in the background aren't a real problem and won't slow down the system as each uses a low amount of ram , if I remember correctly all the process added use around 40-50 MB of ram.The main problem is that AVG has a very poor reputation in the eyes of the more experienced users due to the 2008-2011 builds which had their weak points nevertheless the 2012 build is worth trying. Of course it can't truly protect a system on its own but paired with a good firewall is a solid setup.
Even so Avast Free is lighter and overall it has better definitions but the main reason why I would chose Avast Free is because its implemented some modern protection techniques than AVG , like for instance AutoSandbox ,which has a very good potential if Avast will better tune-up its heuristic engine.

VOTE : Avast 6 Free.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
A little improvements and tweaks for both programs can actually make both of them a big hit in the industry.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Once I test both sofware but I think Avast is better than AVG. But AVG is not bad. I prefer Avast from these both software.

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Trusted
If I choose then Avast in terms of detection, features, performance on how it impacts in a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.