Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Hi all

zfactor said this in another Forum see post nr 82

AVG Antivirus from Avast Beta / Final Thread

And here

AVG Info and some Questions

they will soon be fully merged to one product, so anything they will in the end be keeping will remain. i do not believe every last thing from avg will remain, but everything important will.

With best Regards
Mops21

I for one sure hope that that statement is going to be proved wrong , because AVG is a staple in the av world that has a right to live on.

Reactions: Sr. Normal 2.0
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I will also wait to see what the one and only BitDefender have up their sleeves for their 2018 version:D

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Here is a new info from zfactor

not sure how much i can say. i do not work for them but i was with the group who just visited the avast headquarters in prague. from what i think i can say most likely 2018 versions.

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Here is a new info from zfactor

HD edit your posts in the wilders security forum

With best Regards
Mops21

F

ForgottenSeer 55778

Will Hardened Mode be integrated into AVG soon? It's super-useful.

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
And before AVG Zen, now AVG Dashboard... An example...

Attachments

• AVG Dashboard.PNG
    AVG Dashboard.PNG
    365.9 KB · Views: 794

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
If anyone knows anyone from AVG Labs tell them to put Software Updater in AVG Free Antivirus too, because i'll do not pay for the Driver Updater... :)

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Hi all,
we just released new beta AVG 17.3.3011.
If you have previous AVG Beta installed, then you can use the in-product update(Menu->Settings->Update). No need to install again. Or it will also update automatically in few hours if you kept the Program update settings on "Auto"

Fixed:

- Hotfixes of a few non-fatal crashes (non-necessary dumps created in the log folder)
Download links:

AVG AntiVirus Free
Online: https://www.avg.com/download-antivirus-free-beta-1795

AVG Internet Security
Online: https://www.avg.com/download-internet-security-beta-1785

Enjoy this beta!
We are looking forward to your feedback.

AVAST Team

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
This is more service release. Internally, we did major change in our internal infrastructure which should improve release and development process.

Under the hood there are fixes of:
- crashes in installer during VPS update
- update GUI framework renderer - libcef
- fixes in licensing library

If you have previous AVG Beta installed, then you can use the in-product update(Menu->Settings->Update). No need to install again. Or it will also update automatically in few hours if you kept the Program update settings on "Auto".
Download links:
AVG Antivirus free Beta
AVG Internet Security Beta

Reactions: ZeroDay and frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.