AVG safeguard is still there

BbqBacon

Thread author
Verified
Mar 27, 2014
If I missed something during the removal process I'd like to know what or any additional methods will be appreciated.

Attachments

• aswMBR1.txt
    4 KB · Views: 66

BbqBacon

Thread author
Verified
Mar 27, 2014
This is the first adwcleaner scan I performed which says it picked up the avg files yet when I conduct additional scans it doesn't pick anything up.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[R0].txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 115
  • FRST.txt
    53.7 KB · Views: 129

BbqBacon

Thread author
Verified
Mar 27, 2014
I've already done that as I have re-scanned and cleaned once scanning was completed before I made the post here and as I stated before nothing came up. This is the more recent scan that I did a few minuets ago which still comes up as if nothing is there.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[R9].txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 76

BbqBacon

Thread author
Verified
Mar 27, 2014
I've searched my computer for it yet found no real traces of it. I just opened a tab to check again and it still pops up.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:
    NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
    createsrpoint;
    gpt.ini;z 
    C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy;v
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\GroupPolicy;v 
    StandardSearch; 
    emptyfolderscheck; 
    installer-list; 
    installedprogs; 
    uninstall-list;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

BbqBacon

Thread author
Verified
Mar 27, 2014
Scan went through and here are the results.

Attachments

• zoek-results.txt
    70.6 KB · Views: 229

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
First uninstall outdated Java(TM) 6 Update 24

> Re-run zoek with this script and attach here fresh zoek log results.
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
autoclean;
emptyalltemp;
emptyclsid;
ipconfig /flushdns;b

BbqBacon

Thread author
Verified
Mar 27, 2014
It's effecting Mozilla Firefox, I've yet to try it on any other browser and I can't remember if I still have internet explorer or if I delete that program. My home page is still the Firefox start up page last I checked.

BbqBacon

Thread author
Verified
Mar 27, 2014
That kinda did the trick, when I close Firefox and reopen it I can open one new tab without seeing the avg search yet when I open another tab it goes back to avg.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Check Addition.txt
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.