AVG TuneUp for PC - Do you like it or use it?

Have you tried AVG TuneUp for PC?

• Yes

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • I'll give it a try

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like system optimizers

Votes: 23 43.4%

• Total voters

naney

Dec 26, 2022
It is exceptionally rare for a computer to run faster after cleaning the registry and more than 99% of registry cleaners sometimes delete needed registry keys. But AVG TuneUp and Kerish Doctor do a lot more than just cleaning the registry. They also have safe registry cleaners which won't delete needed registry keys.
I currently have a 1-year AVG tuneup that I use. Should I switch to Kerish Doctor? The licence is reasonably priced, with a two-year subscription starting at $8.19. Should I remain with AVG TuneUp or purchase one? (Thank you for taking the time to read my message.)

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Whilst Avast Cleanup/AVG TuneUP canā€™t be classified as dangerous (I have not experienced any issues personally and theyā€™ve been around since the millennia), this type of software is absolutely not beneficial. The only benefit years ago was the defrag, which really used to speed up HDDs.

All other features will not produce any obvious results, such as cleaning browser cache (it will be regenerated in a matter of days), cleaning registry (wonā€™t speed up anything) or killing background programs (when AVG TuneUp itself had quite a few background processes and Iā€™ve often seen them utilising the CPU).

The used-space and CPU utilisation reduction are less than what AVG TuneUP itself will use.

I personally highly recommend to avoid such software.

Use msconfig or task manager to reduce startup items, uninstall OEM bloatware and everything not needed and avoid downloading everything that you see. This way you will maintain a fast, secure and stable system. Windows has cleaning utility built-in as well.

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Should I remain with AVG TuneUp or purchase one? (Thank you for taking the time to read my message.)
While both are safe to use, you don't need either. In some cases they can improve performance, but in other cases, they won't make much difference. Of the two, Kerish Doctor is better. You could install the trial version of Kerish and see if your computer runs any better.
@Trident is correct. Avoid this type of software. Kerish Doctor I know from experience can really screw up your system, especially if you don't have a good understanding of Windows' internal workings and KD features, etc. like myself.
Usually Kerish Doctor should never cause issues. What features did you use that caused issues?

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I currently have a 1-year AVG tuneup that I use. Should I switch to Kerish Doctor? The licence is reasonably priced, with a two-year subscription starting at $8.19. Should I remain with AVG TuneUp or purchase one? (Thank you for taking the time to read my message.)

Before giving you any advice in this matter, i have to ask, what is it you want to accomplish by using the mentioned type of software?

Reactions: naney

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018

I saw you gave a thumbs up, but what is the answer to the question? I was not being sarcastic or anything when asking, i was serious since there can be other reasons then the usuall.

Reactions: partha_roy

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
For a thorough cleanup of unnecessary files, you can use PrivaZer like once a week or a month based on your activity level; to release memory from unneeded processes, you can use Mem Reduct

I haven't found better, safer options yet! The best part? they won't cost you a dime.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Likewise, HDD here by itself on my cheapo laptop.
Same here LOL

For a thorough cleanup of unnecessary files, you can use PrivaZer like once a week or a month based on your activity level; to release memory from unneeded processes, you can use Mem Reduct

I haven't found better, safer options yet! The best part? they won't cost you a dime.
That was the best module in AVG Tuneup for me i.e. freeing up memory by closing uneeded processes. So I might check out PrivaZer(y)

Didn`t like the way they automatically charged you a years fee straight after the trial was over.Had to email them to get my money back.

Regards Eck:)

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Same here LOL

That was the best module in AVG Tuneup for me i.e. freeing up memory by closing uneeded processes. So I might check out PrivaZer(y)

Didn`t like the way they automatically charged you a years fee straight after the trial was over.Had to email them to get my money back.

Regards Eck:)

Still use and love it!

Screenshot 2024-01-18 165858.png

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
ā€œYouā€™ve cleaned 22GB of junkā€ is both correct and misleading.
Yes, the app has erased 22GB of windows update files, browser caches and others. But actually, had these files (also called junk) stayed, they wouldā€™ve been replaced at one point with the other junk.
And the total used space wouldnā€™t have been 22GB.

So the ā€œbenefitsā€ are overblown in a ā€œlook how much we did for you, keep on paying usā€ manner.

Also, a lot of the 22GB cleaned junk, at this moment of time has been regenerated. Itā€™s just how Windows and browsers work.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.