Avira Browser Safety BETA for Chrome, Firefox, Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cain

Level 4
Verified
Dec 19, 2013
nice,I think these guys are working hard to pull their tarnished reputation back up to where it was. I will give this a go.

Krzysztof Kania

Mar 4, 2014
Hi Krzysztof,

Nice to see an Avira representative in MT. Welcome to MT!
I have been using ABS for quite sometime in Firefox and have several feedbacks/suggestions.

(...)

Hey KaptainBug!

Thanks for all the feedback!

The fact that you're not getting annotations on Google is a bug. The other stuff we're mostly aware of, but there are some things in there we haven't seen - especially how we interact with third-party software and other extensions. I'll pass it along to our debs and we'll sort it out. Thanks for all the info!

EDIT: checked this out - everything is in our system and waiting for fixes. If you grab the latest version, some of these things could be fixed already.

Last edited:

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Avira Browser Safety 1.1.8 beta is now available for Chrome for beta testing.

Changes with build 1.1.8
New Feature "Avira Offers"
“Offers” is a module of the Avira Browser Safety. With “Offers”, an ABS user can learn if a product that he’s currently viewing can be bought somewhere else for a lower price. The “Offers” module, when available, is displayed in the middle of the top bar. After clicking on it, the user gets a list of alternative places he can get the given product from, and the price of that item in that store.

Reactions: Koroke San

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
We are proud to announce that Avira Browser Safety 1.1.9 beta is now available for Chrome and Firefox for beta testing.

Please focus in this version on the Avira Offers integration.

Changes with build 1.1.9

• New feature Avira Offers, integrates shopping comparison to find the best prices.
  • Removed settings menu drop down, now directly opens settings card and settings card includes links previously contained in drop down.
  • Recurring FTUs in Firefox will not show again after browsing data has been cleared.
Changes with build 1.1.8
  • Search provider changed from Google to Avira Branded ASK search.
  • FTU (First time user experiance) redesign
  • Original new tab shows again for Chrome v33

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Avira Browser Safety 1.1.10 Beta (Chrome) / 1.1.10 Beta (Firefox)

Changes with build 1.1.10

Offers UI fixes and improvements

Reactions: Venustus and tapoo

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
3liyjk7fij.jpg

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
How so?

It hasn't slowed mine down yet.... Maybe problem with ISP?
No.. Whenever I have this extension active, it takes maybe like one second extra for the page to load.. I can see the circle spinning some extra time.. but when I removed it, page loads were instant.. I could see the difference esp in wilderssecurity website..

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
No.. Whenever I have this extension active, it takes maybe like one second extra for the page to load.. I can see the circle spinning some extra time.. but when I removed it, page loads were instant.. I could see the difference esp in wilderssecurity website..
Try disabling all other extensions and just running avira..

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
logo_large.png

Avira Browser Safety 1.1.14 beta
is now available for Chrome and Firefox for beta testing.

Please focus in this version on the new bar design and the first time use experience (only visible on new installations).

Changes with build 1.1.14
  • Changed the bar design that went across the browser page to a small tab in the center
  • Removed Offers FTU and instead display it the first time the user sees an offer
  • Added more languages: IT, FR, ES and BR-PT
  • Changed Avira URL Cloud backoff mechanism
  • Fixed errors in translation
  • Fixed tour starting on Avira.com
  • Fixed problems with freenet email client

Reactions: King Alpha and Ink

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What was the "Offers FTU"?

upload_2014-5-16_13-27-43.png

upload_2014-5-16_13-27-56.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Petrovic
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.