I'm waiting for your review

wert33

Level 2
May 22, 2012
version15 has existed for months

15.0.8.624 just a little update

2015-02-12: Version 2015, Update 8

1. General Information
    Avira Antivirus for Windows, version 2015 update 8 has been released on February 12th, 2015.
  2. Improvements
    • Revised update mechanism offering more flexibility and better support for scenarios using a proxy
    • Additional sensors for Behavior-based Detection have been implemented
    • The Avira Free Antivirus detection update frequency has been increased (default frequency is set on 2h, same as Avira Antivirus Pro)
      • New installations include the new update frequency
      • Existing installations will not be updated by default. The 2h interval of the detection update has to be set manually by the user (An automatic change of existing installations will be presumably implemented with a future update)
  3. Bug fixes
    There are no bug fixes for this update.
  4. http://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home-knowledgebase-detail/kbid/1699

Reactions: Countryboy_MN
S

Sr. Normal

I am using it since just two days ago . Has things that I like (detection, simple interface ) .I have it working with Privatefirewall and is light and very effective combo.
Not my favorite , but it's very good .

Reactions: Kent and MikeV

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
I like it, liked it years ago too but yeah, that's another story.
Also back then... they didn't have as many executables screaming for internet access. OMG!

C:\program files (x86)\avira\my avira\avira.oe.systray.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\ipmgui.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\avconfig.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\avcenter.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\my avira\avira.oe.servicehost.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\update.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\avguard.exe
.. like, what the hell? lol...

It offered to take over modification responsibility for Windows Firewall, but I prefer to use Windows Firewall Control 4.

Luke Filewalker FTW!

Reactions: Sven

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
I like it, liked it years ago too but yeah, that's another story.
Also back then... they didn't have as many executables screaming for internet access. OMG!

C:\program files (x86)\avira\my avira\avira.oe.systray.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\ipmgui.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\avconfig.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\avcenter.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\my avira\avira.oe.servicehost.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\update.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\avguard.exe
.. like, what the hell? lol...

It offered to take over modification responsibility for Windows Firewall, but I prefer to use Windows Firewall Control 4.

Luke Filewalker FTW!

windows firewall control 8?

madgorilla

Feb 16, 2015
Why on Avira website offline installer of version 15.0.8.624 has been replaced with installer of older version of the product? Also I would like to ask you why this older version the day after installation of the product downloaded and installed Avira wigdet in the background (which was installed previously only when using Avira Free Antivirus Launcher)? Fortunately I was able to remove it, because it's separate program but I down want this situation to happen ever again.

R

Ramona

Avira version is 14 not 15, I try to update and still same version. Version 15 is the Beta Version. I added a picture so people can see.

This post is misleading information :mad:

x6RJdS3.png

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Getting an error telling me that the minimum update frequency must be 6 hours...

The latest version of Avira Free is 14.0.7.468 which doesn't let you switch update frequencies to 2 hours.

Reactions: marzametal
R

Ramona

Hi, I found how you can get the 15 free. You need to download from here. I hope that helps, if you download from other source it will be 14, you can't upgrade so try this one.
:)

Reactions: marzametal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.