Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
With updating Update 3 for free antivirus Avira Free Antivirus developers have implemented cloud protection technology Avira Protection Cloud, previously available only in paid versions

The company has released an update Avira Operations Update 3 (14.0.3) for their anti-virus products.
The main innovation is the reorganization and improvement of the intellectual component system restore Avira Intelligent Repair System (AIRS) and the introduction of cloud protection Avira Protection Cloud for free antivirus Avira Free Antivirus . Earlier cloud technologies were only available to paid solutions.

2014-02-18_145611.png

Were also made bug fixes. Update if available only for the English version, Russian version will come later.

Avira Protection Cloud for Avira Free Antivirus

With Update 3 started integrating cloud protection Avira Free Antivirus. It will be a gradual process to monitor the load servers providing cloud. Since the beginning of testing Avira started handle about 50% of all requests in the cloud for free antivirus version. With the release of the English version 14.0.3 percentage of processed requests should have been increased.

Avira Intelligent Repair System

AIRS - reorganized and improved recovery system for all Avira products for Windows.AIRS system modifies the recovery process to match technology advanced malware, besides it allows you to respond more quickly and clean infected systems from threats.For example, using AIRS can remove randomly generated threats registry keys that were not possible before.

Another important feature is the option fixes AIRS / delete all the registry changes that affect security, while not located in areas typical for the infection, but made by malicious software.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
So, at the time, which are the differences between Avira free and Avira antivirus suite?

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
If you change installation and tick web protection & install the toolbar, you ll have web protection component even its not there by default. Unfortunately at the time the toolbar must be installed but if you use chrome you can just remove it. ;)

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Is there any download link for the new version? Majorgeeks and FileHippo with Softpedia shows the last version dated March 4, 2014 still. Avira.com shows that the latest is March 26th. The site just shows a 4mb size download(online installer).

CuBfPmn.png

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Is there any download link for the new version? Majorgeeks and FileHippo with Softpedia shows the last version dated March 4, 2014 still. Avira.com shows that the latest is March 26th. The site just shows a 4mb size download(online installer).

CuBfPmn.png
Yesterday i innstalled it on my desktop and downloaded that 4/3 offline installer. my product version is now 14.0.3.350.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
It's light and I think it's one of the most trouble free and well rounded free AV products. If only they improved zero day protection a bit, it would be perfect.

a previous post of mine:
Yesterday I did some testing with avast free and avira free in VM to compare web shields. Aviras seems a bit more effective blocking malicious urls (malc0de urls were only tested though)
If you leave only file shields on, you ll see that avast detects more unknown files when executed of those that are downloaded via such urls (not malware packs).
As for malware packs from malwarehub here, avira cloud detects most of them when trying to launch undetected in contrast to avast that falls behind a little and the numbee of undetected is also much bigger. false positives? Some of them will probably be but I dont think so most of them.
Maybe because avira guys take samples submision more seriously and work faster with them.
So what's up in real world; I cannot say.. :/

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
I did asked your impressions about Avira Free there Nikos751...

Sorry for the confusion there KaptainBug :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.