App Review Avira Free Prevention Test (MrITReviews)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Feedback is always appreciated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
hello

dang i read somewhere that thay gave up on the ask toolbar but it looks like thay did not
i hate anything with ask lol

thanks McLovin

James

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Didn't know about the Ask as far as I can remember, but to me Ask is some sot so powerful search engine.

Glad you like it by the way :)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Liking these videos :)
I would though suggest cleaning temp files (Ccleaner) in the videos before running result scans.
MBAM and Hitman always pick up temp file remnants of any malware and results sometimes looks worse than what they really are.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Ahh, so you mean by that is if Avira picked something up and deleted it and what not, and MBAM pick it up that's in the temp?

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
McLovin said:
Ahh, so you mean by that is if Avira picked something up and deleted it and what not, and MBAM pick it up that's in the temp?
That's very probable, if you clean any temporary files prior to running system scan it removes them giving you a clearer picture when you run your final scans of what real infections remain.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I know that AV's were originally not expected to find Trojans and Rootkits, but now that they do, Avira failed big time; makes me feel even better about my TF with Sandboxie config.

Nice review McLovin, but the music was way to slow and I don't prefer to hear singing during a review--only music less the voice. haha..... Your call though.

Not bad for a descendent of British exiles. lol

Nice review buddy.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I would though suggest cleaning temp files (Ccleaner) in the videos before running result scans.
MBAM and Hitman always pick up temp file remnants of any malware and results sometimes looks worse than what they really are.

I hope that catches on. If it is true all of the time, things could get very deceiving as far as what is left behind.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ZOU1 said:

I hope that catches on. If it is true all of the time, things could get very deceiving as far as what is left behind.

I have fixed that as you might of found out in the other videos.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.