Advice Request Avira free updates

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Good morning, I have started testing Avira Free antivirus and I'm pleased about the results, but I have a question about his updates.. I used this product in the past and I remember that I had to manually update it each time because it wasn't updating automatically.. Is there a way to set the product for automatic updates? I took a look at the settings and there is an option to automatically update at a certain time, but I didn't see anything other..

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
By default, Avira Free will automatically update in every 2 hours, while the paid version (Avira Pro) can be configured to automatically update in every 15 minutes. It will also update immediately when the PC is connected to the network.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Really? Well, when I connect my VM at the network it doesn't update automatically

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Just noticed the setting for automatic updates every two hours

Reactions: Rishi
C

CySecy825

But Avira Protection Cloud Protect you if you don,t have latest signatures

Sorry if i am Wrongo_O

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
That's true, but it's annoying running updates every time you switch on the computer

Reactions: CySecy825

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Running Avira Free here also. Seems to be the update default is set at every 2 hours. Anyway, anyone can change it to his preference.
cct6KHW.png

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Running Avira Free here also. Seems to be the update default is set at every 2 hours. Anyway, anyone can change it to his preference.
Then they have changed it. When I used Avira about two years ago, it was minimum 3 hours you had to wait for updates for the free version if I remember well.

Reactions: Raul90

Orion

Level 2
Verified
Apr 8, 2016
Avira APC has been kicking it all the time...when a unknown file is seen or executed APC kicks in and analyzes it in cloud in a matter of seconds and untill then the file is not allowed to do changes to the system.I am very pleased on the work they have done with APC it's been impressive since the start of this year.I just tried the lastest malware pack over here and APC kicked in when I tried executing the remaining and wiped the missed samples out.

Avira is definately back to their very best.

Reactions: Pat MacKnife
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.