Expired Avira Phantom VPN Pro 1 Year free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
How can we install this on an android tablet?
Also is the launcher needed ?

After when you login to Avira Panel you can download thier program for a specific system
https://my.avira.com/en/auth/login

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
DuPVLN5

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
The program is already in english for me. Just got my license activated. But, in Google Chrome, it has added two security extensions, which I didn't really appreciate.

Reactions: Xtwillight

JKozarac

Level 1
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
Thank U, Xtwillight
I've got 365 days.

A little tip. I put the Avira Phantom VPN service on Manual and disabled the Avira Service Host service too. I remove all Avira stuff from the computer startup. Just in case, I renamed all EXEs from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\Launcher\ :)
The Avira VPN still works on my demand (when I want it) and there is no unnecessary services in the background.

gin

Level 7
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Thank U, Xtwillight
I've got 365 days.

A little tip. I put the Avira Phantom VPN service on Manual and disabled the Avira Service Host service too. I remove all Avira stuff from the computer startup. Just in case, I renamed all EXEs from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\Launcher\ :)
The Avira VPN still works on my demand (when I want it) and there is no unnecessary services in the background.
you can uninstal avira launcher, phantom vpn still works fine :)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

you can uninstal avira launcher, phantom vpn still works fine :)
Whenever AviraVPN will be updated, it will automatically install Avira Launcher in background, so I better suggest not to mess with it, trying to disable services/delete registry related to it, it will come back eventually. Dealing with Avira Launcher is like fighting against windmills. If you accept any Avira product on your PC, you should accept that Avira Launcher will be there as well. Also, with messing with it, you may break some functionality of updates for Avira products. I am a Avira's Beta user, and all I can say is that they are trying to improve Avira Launcher.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Whenever AviraVPN will be updated, it will automatically install Avira Launcher in background, so I better suggest not to mess with it, trying to disable services/delete registry related to it, it will come back eventually. Dealing with Avira Launcher is like fighting against windmills. If you accept any Avira product on your PC, you should accept that Avira Launcher will be there as well. Also, with messing with it, you may break some functionality of updates for Avira products. I am a Avira's Beta user, and all I can say is that they are trying to improve Avira Launcher.

Well said...

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Sorry, moved to to right section

How to check the version of the Avira Phantom VPN Pro from its GUI?

Its version is displayed in SUMo as 2.11.3.29830.

Thanks

Edit :- SUMo no longer shows a new version of Avira Phantom VPN Pro. Could be a false positive

Last edited by a moderator:

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi anyones vpn from this recent promotion is expired or does not work? I click to connect and nothing happens ,I uninstalled 2 times still a no-go

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.