Avira SafeThings WiFi Router

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
TP-Link routers are beautifully made, they haven't been so good on updating their routers though but good customer service - I just sold their flagship model & got a good price for it, as I have heaps of IOT devices I bought the Gryphon, obviously not perfect but immensely pleased with it (can you be immensely pleased with a router?)

AndreiP

From Avira
Verified
Developer
May 9, 2019
Thanks for this, I realize there are NDAs for ongoing product partnerships and you can't announce new functionalities here before your official channels - however something like "existing product currently does XYZ but stay tuned !" does not break any NDA and the hint that there's product development going on currently is sufficiently strong.
To give you a concrete example while I needed this for 2020, in the absence of any info on whether Safethings supports a Mesh I went for another solution.
Not criticism btw, I'm happy with what I bought and the price I paid, more of a communications feedback/hint to boost sales of your product.

Feedback taken and much appreciated. Thank you.
What I can say at this point is, although not at first, our technology will make it on the Mesh-enabled Deco series. Stay tuned :)

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Feedback taken and much appreciated. Thank you.
What I can say at this point is, although not at first, our technology will make it on the Mesh-enabled Deco series. Stay tuned :)
There IMO a future for such routers, although not yours there has been much interest from others with my Gryphon, esp those with children who wander around with pads & tablets etc often with zero protection, this is a cause of concern for me & hopefully the owners of such children who really don't understand the implication of youngsters with full internet access - I'm a grandfather BTW (a young at heart one though)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.