Avira Software Updater released (Public Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Direct Download for Windows:
https://package.avira.com/package/oeavira/win/int/avira_en_swoe1_56fce2267372a__ws.exe

Convenience
  • Finds outdated applications and alerts you, so you don’t have to search for them
Intelligence
  • Saves you time by helping you download all updates from one panel.
Simplicity
  • Provides easy, central controls for updating your software.
Productivity
  • Offers you up-to-date software with latest new features.
Privacy
  • Tracks your activity stream, highlighting when you last plugged a vulnerability that might have exposed your private data.

And it’s secure. We scan updates to guarantee clean software application packages that are free from viruses, PUAs, and other annoyances – to make sure you stay safe.

The new application updates not only provide you with new features but also fixes older vulnerabilities. Avira Software Updater is a free software update checker tool for Windows PC that lets you update installed applications in a breeze and that too all at once. The tool comes from the house of Avira, a well-known Antivirus software.

The installation process is rather easy, but I must mention that the installer suggests a lot of other applications so you need to skip them if you don’t want any of them.
Source via Avira Software Updater: Update outdated applications on Windows

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Click Skip for other Avira bundled apps (comes with Avira Launcher).

Avira Launcher sits in System Tray
VirtualBox_Windows 8.1_21_06_2016_16_12_02.png

Skip Avira bundled apps
VirtualBox_Windows 8.1_21_06_2016_16_12_18.png

Installation continues
VirtualBox_Windows 8.1_21_06_2016_16_12_46.png

Reactions: Overkill

AlphaBeta

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 24, 2015
I use the FileHippo App Manager. It's older and would update wider ranges of applications.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I use the FileHippo App Manager. It's older and would update wider ranges of applications.
That's great, there are also many other Software Updater's available. I personally use Avast's Software Updater (integrated in Antivirus), it's supported application is narrow, but most of the software installed on my PC self-update.

For Avira and many other vendors, it's about keeping their users' secure from software vulnerabilities.

It's a shame I could not get the Beta release to install, but all other applications in the Launcher did.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Same Kaspersky software updater is really good. Although most software autoupdates itself I still like a second opinion.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Has anyone been able to install Avira Software Updater beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.