Background Advertisement Sounds

Lockwood

Thread author
Jan 13, 2014
Hello.. Seems there are quite a bit of similar posts about this. Well, here are the files that I've already scanned for. I know I said that I've followed that set of instructions, but I did that far before this, so I no longer have the original log for Adware Cleaner. I scanned again to use it, but it didn't have what was there before, so I found it pointless to even create the report for picking up nothing. Let me know what you have to say, i'll be checking on this for some time tonight.. If I don't get a response, I'll be here around 4:45 Tomorrow, eastern time.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    33.5 KB · Views: 111
  • aswMBR.txt
    3 KB · Views: 75
  • FRST.txt
    120 KB · Views: 158

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

Once again we shall use FRST for additional checks. Re-run FRST/FRST64 by double-clicking:
  • Type rpcss.dll into the Search: field in FRST then click the Search File(s) button.
  • FRST will search your computer for files and when finished it will produce a log Search.txt in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please attach it to your reply.

Lockwood

Thread author
Jan 13, 2014
Ah, yes, I recall seeing that file constantly when I was running tdsskiller. I even found it too, in my c:/Windows/System32 folder. Also, I noticed that I did in fact have the file from the original sweep of my Adware Cleaner use, so i'll toss that in as well, incase it's of any importance. I'll post the Scan (R0), and the 'After' report (S0), not sure which one would have been useful, if at all.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S0].txt
    43.6 KB · Views: 121
  • AdwCleaner[R0].txt
    43.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Search.txt
    871 bytes · Views: 100

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Tell me how is system behaving after this fix.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 83

Lockwood

Thread author
Jan 13, 2014
Here you are. I'm not entirely sure what to tell you as far as how the system is behaving. Yesterday, I heard the sounds for a little while, and then I didn't hear them again afterwards for the rest of the night. And today, I hadn't yet heard the sounds, and then I ran the fix, restarting the computer. So far, everythings fine.. I'll post again incase it picks up.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 147

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Malware is removed, you shouldn't hear any sounds :)

Only thing left is to remove used tools:

Please download DelFix by "Xplode" to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
  • Remove disinfection tools
  • Create registry backup
  • Purge System Restore

Now click on "Run" button. Wait for the programme completes his work.
All the tools we used should be gone.
Tool will create and open an log report (DelFix.txt)
Note: The report will also be stored on C:\DelFix.txt

> I don't need DelFix log report.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please download DelFix by "Xplode" to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
  • Remove disinfection tools
  • Create registry backup
  • Purge System Restore

Now click on "Run" button. Wait for the programme completes his work.
All the tools we used should be gone.
Tool will create and open an log report (DelFix.txt)
Note: The report will also be stored on C:\DelFix.txt

> I don't need DelFix log report.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.