Briefly explain your current issue(s)
no back up
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
trying to use window 7 standard backup option but didnt work
hi everyone

I have seperated 2 HDD used like this way :

1/ th 1st is only for windows 7 and for installing programs named as C:

2/ the 2nd is only for storage and devided to partitions : D: E: F: H:

I wanted to make a backup to my system with AOMEI Backupper Standard but instead of backuping the C:

It adds a partition H: like this :

26Dub.png

and when i select C: and start backup it gether them both as one and make back up to H: too

26E9x.png

is ther any way to make backup only to C: ? or please seggest to me other way ?

thank you

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
You can do this by clicking on partition backup and then select what drives you want to backup, you can also select a destination in the lower portion of the window. ;)

Upvote 0

chrunos

Jan 24, 2016
The system backup option of AOMEI Backupper is supposed to backup the partitions which contains system files and boot files. since you only install windows to one disk, therefore, I suggest you contact their support team.
To only backup C: drive, you can use the partition backup option. one more thing to note, the partition backup doesn't support being restore to dissimilar hardware as system backup and disk backup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

N8WARE

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
You have 2 separate Hard drives correct?
If so is the second drive divided into all those partitions?

yep for both your questions !!!

any seggestion please?

You can do this by clicking on partition backup and then select what drives you want to backup, you can also select a destination in the lower portion of the window. ;)

I did that too, but the size after backup was only 8 Gb and the used space is 29Gb :)

any explaination please?

The system backup option of AOMEI Backupper is supposed to backup the partitions which contains system files and boot files. since you only install windows to one disk, therefore, I suggest you contact their support team.
To only backup C: drive, you can use the partition backup option. one more thing to note, the partition backup doesn't support being restore to dissimilar hardware as system backup and disk backup.

yah i agree , so is there any program ya know can do better?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.