Backup tool for ALL your browsers! Hekasoft Backup & Restore (Updated!)

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Check out this cool program. Will backup all browser profiles and bookmarks/data for virtually all browers
and also optimize (firefox and variants) and best of all it's free! (With an installer or portable version.)

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I seem to remember this from long ago and just stumbled back upon it today and works really well! Does optimize firefox for faster first time startup. I like that it also works with Chromium Edge for the backup feature. (AND thunderbird even)

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Smart screen also blocked it???
Installer version also fine over here with Kaspersky. I tested them both on my wife's pc with has Norton and it did block it. Said it's "too new" and "less than 50 community members have it" as the basis. (Say what?) I can understand the caution but that alone is not a basis to flag something as malicious! (Which it isn't) Norton false positive. Just sent to virus total for the installer. And for the portable none were found.

1589932323702.png

*Update* I also emailed the software author on his site to alert him of the false positives from SecureAge and Norton.

Last edited:

Hekasoft

From Hekasoft
Verified
Developer
May 20, 2020
Hi everybody,
I found this forum by following the link that refers to my site.
I thank Tutman for sharing my software and for alerting me of false positives on VirusTotal, actually Norton fixed the false positive, but McAfee-GW-Edition now mark it as a PUA (CSDMIMonetize) but my software doesn't bundle any monetizing method.
I wrote to McAfee and they are checking the file.
The other antivirus company (SecureAge) didn't respond to my email.

About the Smart Screen, buying a certificate for a software costs enough, and Hekasoft's software does not bring me revenue (if we exclude donation ones) so I can't afford to renew the software certificate since I already pay to keep the site online.
This is the only reason they don't have the certificate.
Thanks again for sharing my software, and if you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Best regards,
Claudio
Hekasoft

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
Hi everybody,
I thank Tutman for sharing my software and for alerting me of false positives on VirusTotal, actually Norton fixed the false positive, but McAfee-GW-Edition now mark it as a PUA (CSDMIMonetize) but my software doesn't bundle any monetizing method.
Welcome to MT! I like to make daily browser profile backups, so I look forward to trying your software.

Windows Defender and Jotti online malware scan say the file is safe.
Screenshot_2020-05-20 backup-restore-0 92-portable zip - Jotti's malware scan.png

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Quote from the webiste

...but you can use Hekasoft Backup & Restore to export all the extensions to the desktop and save them in a folder to import in Google Chrome (or derived browsers)

Unquote

The question is are the settings (and filters like in uBO, scripts etc) in the extensions are all exported as well or just only the extensions alone?

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Quote from the webiste

...but you can use Hekasoft Backup & Restore to export all the extensions to the desktop and save them in a folder to import in Google Chrome (or derived browsers)

Unquote

The question is are the settings (and filters like in uBO, scripts etc) in the extensions are all exported as well or just only the extensions alone?
It copies the whole profile folder. So it should contain everything.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
It copies the whole profile folder. So it should contain everything.

And, EVERYTHING, means bookmarks, passwords, settings etc?

Check out this cool program. Will backup all browser profiles and bookmarks/data for virtually all browers
and also optimize (firefox and variants) and best of all it's free! (With an installer or portable version.)

Just tried it. It did not restore my bookmarks or my settings for Brave browser to before the change i did before the testing.

Andrew3000

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 8, 2016

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
And, EVERYTHING, means bookmarks, passwords, settings etc?
Just tried it. It did not restore my bookmarks or my settings for Brave browser to before the change i did before the testing.
Can't say anything about Brave or any other Chromium babies since I haven't tried yet but everything for Firefox. The backup is a 7z file basically. Open it in any archive app like 7zip/Winrar/Bandizip to check which folders and files it has backed up.

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Hi everybody,

About the Smart Screen, buying a certificate for a software costs enough, and Hekasoft's software does not bring me revenue (if we exclude donation ones) so I can't afford to renew the software certificate since I already pay to keep the site online.
Thanks again for sharing my software, and if you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Best regards,
Claudio
Hekasoft
You are welcome. I love the program!

Sorry to hear that. Message the author, he is on here!

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hi everybody,

Best regards,
Claudio
Hekasoft

Please read post #15.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.