Advice Request Backup ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Windows suggests using one drive for ransomware protection, Anyone using it, or is a third party backup just way better? Decided to just use Windows Defender , since last update

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
I will never put my sensitive files on a free cloud storage or on storages hosted by Microsoft, Google or Amazon. Try to find more privacy aware storages. The various cloud providers on the market state in their description the servers where the files are hosted.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
OneDrive is natively so security wise it's recommend.
Also it works good with internal ransomware protection.

@dinosaur07: you can use encryption which is always recommend for sensitive files. No matter which provider is used in the end.
I am using Cryptomator to encrypt files before uploading them to OneDrive. OneDrive is reliable and fast.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.