Basic Appguard Configuration question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
if my memory is good, back in the days, clicking on the popup's checkbox "do not show this message again" disabled ALL popups. lol
No way! Really? :ROFLMAO:

Hyper Mega bug to be reported!!!! :LOL::geek:

AMD1

Level 5
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Expected alert so if it is really annoying you, you can ignore it, but personally i let it, i like to know what happens.

Also, it is better to ignore events from: activity report window > select event and right click > ignore message, than directly from the popup.

Umbra thanks,

I have alerts set to "all" at the moment and this message keeps popping up every couple of minutes or so and therefore annoying so I will ignore it.

There is also a programs folder of .exe's that I would like to run always read and write (Roboform) as I always want this to update- do I add this folder to the userspace with include "no"?

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I just thought I'd leave this here: Last night I left a comment for @Lockdown regarding my lifetime license for AppGuard. lockdown promptly gave me the Blue Ridge networks support email, I contacted them and within 10 minutes they'd provided me a link to the AppGuard 5.2.9.1 installer and upgraded my lifetime license to version 5. Support were amazingly fast replying to help me out and went out of their way to help me further. Absolutely fantastic support from Blue Ridge Networks, very professional indeed.
They upgraded or downgraded? I thought version 5 was a yearly subscription.

Reactions: frogboy and ZeroDay
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I had a version 4 license from a while back and I needed the installer so they gave me the version 5 installer an continued my lifetime license.

Wow that was really nice of them. I keep my lic's on a usb stick;)

Reactions: ZeroDay
I

illumination

I just thought I'd leave this here: Last night I left a comment for @Lockdown regarding my lifetime license for AppGuard. lockdown promptly gave me the Blue Ridge networks support email, I contacted them and within 10 minutes they'd provided me a link to the AppGuard 5.2.9.1 installer and upgraded my lifetime license to version 5. Support were amazingly fast replying to help me out and went out of their way to help me further. Absolutely fantastic support from Blue Ridge Networks, very professional indeed.
They are a great company, and Appguard is just one of those software's i will not go without now. I parked my 2 lifetime licenses when 5 came out, and went annual, just to support them.

AMD1

Level 5
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Hi,

Is this OK to simply ignore ?
Capture.PNG

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Does anyone know when the first version of Appguard 5 was released?

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Right, Everyone. I need to first apologise for the confusion my end regarding my AppGuard Lifetime license. It apears I was indeed wrong and my license was for version 5 already so Blue Ridge Networks DID NOT upgrade my lifetime license from version 4 to version 5 as my license was already version 5. I apolagise for any confusion I may have caused. Blue Ridge Networks simple re-sent my license details which I initially thought were for version 4, when in fact my license was for version 5.

Blue Ridge Networks are a fantastic company to deal with but just to be clear: Blue Ridge Networks did NOT upgrade my lifetime license from version 4 to version 5. That was a misunderstanding. So they are NOT upgrading anyones lifetime license from version 4 to version 5. Sorry again for causing confusion.

erreale

Level 9
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
Is there any particular setup for AppGuard to use WD correctly? If I used ConfigureDefender with high settings The config of AppGuard as it should be?

Last edited:

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Is there any particular setup for AppGuard to use WD correctly? If I used ConfigureDefender with high settings The config of AppGuard as it should be?
I did not test this, but AppGuard runs PowerShell as the guarded application, so there will be a problem when using ConfigureDefender. Simply, turn off AppGuard protection for a while and run ConfigureDefender to make Defender Configuration. All will work well after turning on AppGuard again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.